2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said months ago... they're short of centre halves, they can't buy anyone, and he's still got 3 years left on his contract.

They won't sell cheap and anything above £30million is madness. So I can't see us signing him.

Luckily from Brands comments about Mina last summer if he asks them and the price is stupid he’ll just walk away and either get someone else or wait to see it Chelsea cave.

Said months ago... they're short of centre halves, they can't buy anyone, and he's still got 3 years left on his contract.

They won't sell cheap and anything above £30million is madness. So I can't see us signing him.

In the current market I dont think 30 mil plus for Zouma is madness.

We paid close to 30 for Mina and for me Zouma is twice the player. Think hes got all the tools to be one of the best and hes only 24 which is a baby for a centre back

£ 30 mil is madness....For Zouma , really ?

Just reading Harry Wilson is being touted around at £21 mil by Liverpool and not played a minute in the Prem.
Now thats madness.

Anyway Chelsea wont let Zouma leave now.

Just reading Harry Wilson is being touted around at £21 mil by Liverpool and not played a minute in the Prem.
Now thats madness.

And I don't think he'd really want to. He's always stated his goal was to go back to Chelsea and challenge for a first team spot, this may be his best opportunity to do so

Liverpool fan here. How much of your mid-second half good form would be credited to Zouma. I didn't watch all matches but how important was he. From external impressions he was very good. But, was he more important than Mina .
Can he become an elite centre half? Interested to hear from folks who watched him closely.

With a transfer ban in place and the loss of Hazzard I would have thought Chelsea would need Zouma. Given their circumstances Chelsea will struggle to maintain a top 4 spot next season.

In the current market I dont think 30 mil plus for Zouma is madness.

We paid close to 30 for Mina and for me Zouma is twice the player. Think hes got all the tools to be one of the best and hes only 24 which is a baby for a centre back

Mina was at a more prestigious club on the back of a good world cup.

I think Zouma is particularly average to be honest. Doesn't have any stand out attributes that set him aside to be a "top" centre back.

Now thats madness.

Which is why they'll be looking close to £40-£50mill for him. I wouldn't pay that for Zouma.

The better example is Nathan Ake going to Bournemouth for £20million or Solanke who had played very little premiership football to warrant such high fees.

Mina was at a more prestigious club on the back of a good world cup.

I think Zouma is particularly average to be honest. Doesn't have any stand out attributes that set him aside to be a "top" centre back.

I disagree.

Pace, strength, very quick on the turn when a player goes past him and good at recovering from those sort of situations.

I also think he compliments Keane very well because Keane gets caught out when a player goes past him and he has to turn and chase although he's better in the air than zouma and good when hes facing the play.

Add into that the fact that Zouma is pretty good on the ball and for me he's crucial to the way we want to play bringing it out from the back

Which is why they'll be looking close to £40-£50mill for him. I wouldn't pay that for Zouma.

The better example is Nathan Ake going to Bournemouth for £20million or Solanke who had played very little premiership football to warrant such high fees.
Disagree mate.
In this absolutely crazy monopoly money transfer business Zouma would be valued @ £ 40 to 50 mil....obscene but true.

Liverpool fan here. How much of your mid-second half good form would be credited to Zouma. I didn't watch all matches but how important was he. From external impressions he was very good. But, was he more important than Mina .
Can he become an elite centre half? Interested to hear from folks who watched him closely.

He was pretty crap until he came back in to replace Mina after the Chelsea home game. Hit a pretty good run of form, but as far as elite centre half in the future goes, I’m not convinced.

Ale is more Ashely Williams level, he has a lot of mistakes in him. Zouma is a better player, maybe not £20m better though but he's settled in our system already I suppose.

Defence, as always, is about the unit. The back four played well in the run in as did Gana in front of them. Zouma is good but not an essential purchase for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.