2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jordan Pickford we signed was a raw but talented ....extremely talented young goalkeeper
Yes immature and yes a bit of a clot. But what turns a raw talent into greatness is the journey through experience and the guidance of good strong leadership .
This season , through the derby debacle the Newcastle debacle and the street fighting debacle he has I am sure been through the mill of professional and personal experiential growth
I am sure the steadiness of our football club putting an arm around his shoulders and having a constant input to his ear on his development have given him experiential growth more than any other single year he has had in his , let’s be honest , meteoric rise to fame.
What we saw in the games this last few days and in particular the amazing job he did to get 3rd place for England and seal goalkeeper of the competition was clearly in my eyes evidence that the lad is learning and growing
Experience like that does not come with time ... it comes by experiencing and learning from those experiences
That experience is priceless , it cannot be coached
Yes he is an impetuous young man
Yes he is an excellent goalkeeper
Yes he is learning and getting better , thatsccjear from watching and reading the opinions of every football fan in Europe who isn’t on this forum
To sell him now sells potentially one of England’s and Everton’s best ever keepers

He's just going to split opinion constantly isn't he? At the minute he's the Titus Bramble of keepers. All the gear, just prone to a howler or rush of blood to the head. Hopefully he'll mature like David James did, another one prone to brain farts when younger.

The Jordan Pickford we signed was a raw but talented ....extremely talented young goalkeeper
Yes immature and yes a bit of a clot. But what turns a raw talent into greatness is the journey through experience and the guidance of good strong leadership .
This season , through the derby debacle the Newcastle debacle and the street fighting debacle he has I am sure been through the mill of professional and personal experiential growth
I am sure the steadiness of our football club putting an arm around his shoulders and having a constant input to his ear on his development have given him experiential growth more than any other single year he has had in his , let’s be honest , meteoric rise to fame.
What we saw in the games this last few days and in particular the amazing job he did to get 3rd place for England and seal goalkeeper of the competition was clearly in my eyes evidence that the lad is learning and growing
Experience like that does not come with time ... it comes by experiencing and learning from those experiences
That experience is priceless , it cannot be coached
Yes he is an impetuous young man
Yes he is an excellent goalkeeper
Yes he is learning and getting better , thatsccjear from watching and reading the opinions of every football fan in Europe who isn’t on this forum
To sell him now sells potentially one of England’s and Everton’s best ever keepers
A decent game against a 3. rate national side and we’re back to thesekinds of posts again? Really?

He's just going to split opinion constantly isn't he? At the minute he's the Titus Bramble of keepers. All the gear, just prone to a howler or rush of blood to the head. Hopefully he'll mature like David James did, another one prone to brain farts when younger.

I think that can be said for most goalies these days. Even De Gea makes howlers.

Agree. He’s not in the same league as Martyn who rarely put a foot wrong. Pickford is an excellent shot stopper, especially at point blank range where he has quick reactions, but he’s got an error in him. There’s something about Gazza about him in that he’s hyper, on edge, decision making is his weakness. The equivalent is one of those strikers who is better when he doesn’t have to think about the shot.

It’s as weak an era for England goalkeepers as there has ever been.

Used to have a decent selection of gk but like you said not so much these days. I mean martyn wasn’t first choice for England as seaman was , around that time there were Tim flowers who was a good keeper and on Pickford level I think. Before them shilton was in goal for donkeys years up until Italia 90? But since hart was gk and it’s been pretty slim pickings since then tbh Robert green , Richard Wright and countless other muppets

Even Tim Howard was decent and over a long time. Pickford, isn't great week in week out yet.

Tim Howard was never decent mate, and please don’t say I’m “remembering him at the end” I hated having him as gk the whole time he was here. He never had any “southall games” where you walked away from the match thinking “ we would have been battered if it wasn’t for him” I remember a really good save against saints and a 0-0 with spurs when I thought he earned us the points , martyn done it, Pickford has done it , even steak against city has done it. Howard was weak on long shots, bad at 1 on 1 , he made lots of saves that you would expect and none of the ones that were difficult but possible. Really really ordinary keeper.

I think that can be said for most goalies these days. Even De Gea makes howlers.
De Gea is dropping bombs constantly last season and still regarded as one of the best but because Pickford drops a clanger against Liverpool and lost us the Newcastle game we need to get rid
get off your agenda rollercoaster lads

Tim Howard was never decent mate, and please don’t say I’m “remembering him at the end” I hated having him as gk the whole time he was here. He never had any “southall games” where you walked away from the match thinking “ we would have been battered if it wasn’t for him” I remember a really good save against saints and a 0-0 with spurs when I thought he earned us the points , martyn done it, Pickford has done it , even steak against city has done it. Howard was weak on long shots, bad at 1 on 1 , he made lots of saves that you would expect and none of the ones that were difficult but possible. Really really ordinary keeper.

Yes tel

De Gea is dropping bombs constantly last season and still regarded as one of the best but because Pickford drops a clanger against Liverpool and lost us the Newcastle game we need to get rid
get off your agenda rollercoaster lads
Jordan didn’t just drop a clanger against Liverpool he donated the goal to them, and this was after a brilliant performance against Liverpool, were every man, including Jordan, had worked themselves into the ground for a well deserved point, at least, and he threw it all away with an unbelievable mistake, one that didn’t even have to be made. That goal will always hurt.

Jordan didn’t just drop a clanger against Liverpool he donated the goal to them, and this was after a brilliant performance against Liverpool, were every man, including Jordan, had worked themselves into the ground for a well deserved point, at least, and he threw it all away with an unbelievable mistake, one that didn’t even have to be made. That goal will always hurt.

He also made two or three very good saves against Liverpool at Goodison including one on one with Salah which earned us the point he lost at Anfield. Or do we not credit him when he does well only criticise him for mistakes?

It's only extremely exaggerated because it was against the RS, If Pickford had say done that at 3pm against Burnley I don't think people would be as harsh, End of the day it's a stupid mistake and as we all know every keeper can make a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.