2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate it's just and Everton forum, unless I've missed something.
No I don’t mean the reason for the forum, I mean I’ve obviously misunderstood what is and isn’t OK to say and do in here. I enjoy a good debate and I thought people were quite happy to do that in here but I get it that maybe people know each other and can say things that an ‘outsider’ can’t so I keep being told to wind my neck in. Anyway, you didn’t ask for a leaving speech so I’ll let you all get back to the thread. I like Gomes, I hope we sign him.

No I don’t mean the reason for the forum, I mean I’ve obviously misunderstood what is and isn’t OK to say and do in here. I enjoy a good debate and I thought people were quite happy to do that in here but I get it that maybe people know each other and can say things that an ‘outsider’ can’t so I keep being told to wind my neck in. Anyway, you didn’t ask for a leaving speech so I’ll let you all get back to the thread. I like Gomes, I hope we sign him.
No need to leave matey.

Mate I have been on here under 12 months the first month of so is a bit of fact finding and then you are ok, I have been told off a few times and banned once so don't take it to heart, stay on you seem to know you're stuff.

Stop being a whiny little fart and carry on contributing to the forum!

I wouldn’t worry. People get a bit bored during off season and look to jump on things a lot more than normal. Plus people have been getting wound up by others more than usual so I can see why @AndyC has tried to cut it off before disagreements escalate into full on back and forth arguements.

Take it easy, recognise it for what it is (an Internet forum containing differing personalities) and keep sharing your thoughts and opinions
SENSIBILITY ALERT! AVOID!!!

He’s also the only player in the team who can retain the ball whilst we’re under pressure, which in turn allows the rest of the team to get back in position.

Stats won’t show this, but it’s so so important to the team.
Stats of course show that. He's excellent in our build up from the back and is a hell of a dribbler going forward.

But he absolutely does not create chances, which stats also show. He absolutely gets bypassed via dribble and pass, which the stats also show. He also fouls constantly, some of which can be tactical, but most of which is because he's slow or out of position. He also rarely picks off a pass, which the stats also show.

Again, he could improve with another year under Silva. I'm not so sure that he wouldn't create more if we pushed him higher and had him play instead of Sigurdsson in some tactics. But we need to dominate midfield against certain teams and we do not.

Yet the stats are undoubtedly kinder to Siggy.

It’s all about getting the balance right.
No it's not. It's about understanding stats and using them appropriately. There hundreds of different metrics and models out there to give some objective measure of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.