Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swerve, don't rate tbh, very average stats and in/out of the team.

I'd swerve too.

He has a ton of talent, but hasn't progressed enough in the last 12 months.

I also question his character. He seems to have a few problems. He was also involved in a car accident in Marrakesh, where he was driving the car, which saw a pedestrian killed. And as posted above, suggestions of a past gambling problem!

I'd swerve too.

He has a ton of talent, but hasn't progressed enough in the last 12 months.

I also question his character. He seems to have a few problems. He was also involved in a car accident in Marrakesh, where he was driving the car, which saw a pedestrian killed. And as posted above, suggestions of a past gambling problem!
He seems to me to be a downgraded version of some of the other targets we have been looking at, the 'cheap option' if you like

He seems to me to be a downgraded version of some of the other targets we have been looking at, the 'cheap option' if you like

He would be the definition of a 'project' player I think? One thing I would say, is that he has not been in the most secure situation at Schalke, they have been a club who went through a lot of problems last year, the coach was sacked, the sporting director left. And now they have a new coach coming in (David Wagner), so it has all been a bit unsettled for a younger player.

He definitely isn't the sort of player who would immediately be an upgrade for a PL team who surely has strong ambitions of getting into Europe etc.

He would be the definition of a 'project' player I think? One thing I would say, is that he has not been in the most secure situation at Schalke, they have been a club who went through a lot of problems last year, the coach was sacked, the sporting director left. And now they have a new coach coming in (David Wagner), so it has all been a bit unsettled for a younger player.

He definitely isn't the sort of player who would immediately be an upgrade for a PL team who surely has strong ambitions of getting into Europe etc.
Schalke should be removed from the entire football pyramid for hiring Wagner after that unwatchable mess he served up at Huddersfield. Somehow he's outdone Martinez in failing upward.

Schalke should be removed from the entire football pyramid for hiring Wagner after that unwatchable mess he served up at Huddersfield. Somehow he's outdone Martinez in failing upward.

Yah I am not sure what to make of the appointment to be honest! It could work though. I only saw few Huddersfield games, and to start with, they seemed to play good counter pressing football. But by the end, they where horrible. They had a really terrible squad though. But if Wagner goes back to his principles, it can work. But there is a lot of work to be done at Schalke, so it will not be an easy job. I think he is a better coach than Tedesco though. So we will see.

Yah I am not sure what to make of the appointment to be honest! It could work though. I only saw few Huddersfield games, and to start with, they seemed to play good counter pressing football. But by the end, they where horrible. They had a really terrible squad though. But if Wagner goes back to his principles, it can work. But there is a lot of work to be done at Schalke, so it will not be an easy job. I think he is a better coach than Tedesco though. So we will see.
This is my biggest problem. He came up talking about how they were going to stick to what got them up and then after a couple tough patches went full Big Sam. If he does that again it'll be curtains for his career and a real problem for Schalke.

Status
Not open for further replies.