• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me he has to do a couple of the following things next season to be successful:

Derby win
Win away at top 6 ground
More than 5 away wins
Get past a top 6 team in the cup

If he can do any of those things next season then it’s a positive sign. Unfortunately beating a few of the top 6 in the sunshine at the end of the season when there’s nothing riding on it and finishing 8th is all too easy for Everton managers. Cracking any of the above would show that we’re moving forward.

Koeman and Allardyce never beat any of the top 6 at the end of the season in the sunshine. Also there was plenty riding on it for all of the teams we played.

Koeman and Allardyce never beat any of the top 6 at the end of the season in the sunshine. Also there was plenty riding on it for all of the teams we played.

Koeman beat City 4-0 in exactly that type of game. One which had nothing riding on it for us. Admittedly last season and some of Martinez’s we were so bad we couldn’t even manage that.

It’s just annoying watching Everton teams do just enough to completely botch their season then once the shackles are off come out and play well. We even got ourselves back into the conversation for 7th this season and then went and lost to Fulham when we were smack in form.

Silva has set this level now so rather than it nosediving like it did under Martinez and Koeman it has to be taken to the next level which for me means doing some of the above.

Some decent results at the end of the season but overall a disappointing year.
Keep trying to have an open mind but nagging doubts about him being like El Fraudo keep coming back.

Koeman beat City 4-0 in exactly that type of game. One which had nothing riding on it for us. Admittedly last season and some of Martinez’s we were so bad we couldn’t even manage that.

It’s just annoying watching Everton teams do just enough to completely botch their season then once the shackles are off come out and play well. We even got ourselves back into the conversation for 7th this season and then went and lost to Fulham when we were smack in form.

Silva has set this level now so rather than it nosediving like it did under Martinez and Koeman it has to be taken to the next level which for me means doing some of the above.
I agree I also feel that it's pointless comparing him with previous managers. This is his tenure and It should solely be judged on what he achieves going forward not what previous managers did or did not. We could around in circles forever in the past we need to move on.

Give him 4 years and world record fees to spend in two positions as well as breaking the club transfer record in another. I’d wager we’d be significantly better than we are now.

He won’t get that and I do hope the hype is correct this season and he pulls off some miracles as he will be under intense pressure from day 1

Horrible news. Week gets worse and worse. Kopites laughing at our assistant jumping ship. What's the point.
Don't think they are in any position to laugh at us given what one that fan of theirs did in the middle of a street in Madrid, they should all be hiding under a big rock at the moment and UEFA/Police coming for them with a giant red pen. As we all know though, they will get away it.

‘It is my ambition for the future that Everton will play in European competition every season.’

Is right Marco. He knows the score.

‘It is my ambition for the future that Everton will play in European competition every season.’

Is right Marco. He knows the score.

I respect Silva alot for this, he could easily have made some BS statement along the lines of it being a long term project and the fanbase require patience for his own self preservation but he's stuck his neck out and said what most of us think - that the club should be playing in Europe with the money being invested and the quality of players at the club outside of the periphery of garbage.

Make or break season for Silva - anything less than european qualification or a shock cup win and I think he'll be gone.

I wish him all the best and hope he's backed to the hilt in the transfer market.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.