Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Disgusting really.

Once a great club now just a mediocre laughing stock.

During Moyes days we would worry about becoming a nothing club, just mid table mediocrity. This is exactly what we have become in the last 30 years apart from one season in the top 4 and the countless times we have survived on the last day! A couple of false dawns with FA Cup finals and semi finals along with a League Cup Semi Final but ultimately failed to take the last step. Everton That!!! Never has a quote been more apt, this should replace Nil Satis Nisi Optimum on the badge. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum (as I have mentioned once or twice before) is what we should aspire to but has long since been forgotten by our club.....

If he wants success, he needs to bring in 1 or 2 top quality players in the summer, not 7 or 8 youngsters.

Not every club can buy trophies. He has to keep faith with whatever plan he’s backed with Brands and Silva. Sure the process would be accelerated if we could obliterate world record fees on players but that’s not a financial reality with a new stadium on the horizon.

Not every club can buy trophies. He has to keep faith with whatever plan he’s backed with Brands and Silva. Sure the process would be accelerated if we could obliterate world record fees on players but that’s not a financial reality with a new stadium on the horizon.
It's not about buying trophies, it's about improving the team.
We tried buying cheap youngsters and hoping they come good during the Moyes era, bottom line is you lack quality doing it that way.
If a team is going backwards the best players tend to leave stones Barkley lukaku

It's not about buying trophies, it's about improving the team.
We tried buying cheap youngsters and hoping they come good during the Moyes era, bottom line is you lack quality doing it that way.
If a team is going backwards the best players tend to leave stones Barkley lukaku

The Moyes example is a lazy one. He had an ageing team battling relegation and absolutely zero money whatsoever. That’s completely different to a team chucking money around for decades then going all out with world record fees when they finally landed on a decent manager and passing it off as some sort of blue print for success. Spurs have produced similar results to your lot without the eye watering spending and lo and behold they did it through developing young players and clever recruitment.

A few windows of recruiting at the quality of Digne and Richarlison and we will be in the top 6 conversation especially if some of them start to weaken (which they easily could if Poch goes, Solskjaer doesn’t perform or Chelsea make a poor managerial appointment).

Like I said. Give Silva 4 years and world record fee level financial backing and I’d wager we’d be an awful lot better than 8th.

The Moyes example is a lazy one. He had an ageing team battling relegation and absolutely zero money whatsoever. That’s completely different to a team chucking money around for decades then going all out with world record fees when they finally landed on a decent manager and passing it off as some sort of blue print for success. Spurs have produced similar results to your lot without the eye watering spending and lo and behold they did it through developing young players and clever recruitment.

A few windows of recruiting at the quality of Digne and Richarlison and we will be in the top 6 conversation especially if some of them start to weaken (which they easily could if Poch goes, Solskjaer doesn’t perform or Chelsea make a poor managerial appointment).

Like I said. Give Silva 4 years and world record fee level financial backing and I’d wager we’d be an awful lot better than 8th.

Even is spurs and united weaken we still won't be near them.
Then you say 4 years, do you really think digne and richarlison will wait that long.

Story in the Echo, ( I know :) ) about Moshiri buying more shares, going up from 68% to 77%. But they say he wants Grantchester's shares, thought Kenwright was supposed to be selling the rest of his shares to Moshiri ? Wasn't that supposed to be the agreement.
Always wanted Grantchester to pool his resources with Moshiri, probably never happen now, in this day and age the more money we have behind us the better, a bit sad I know.

Even is spurs and united weaken we still won't be near them.
Then you say 4 years, do you really think digne and richarlison will wait that long.

We easily could be, we’ve finished ahead of both of them not that long ago and used to finish a head of Spurs pre Pochettino regularly.

If Digne and Richarlison go in the next 4 years we’ll get big money and reinvest it just like you did with Coutinho.

Story in the Echo, ( I know :) ) about Moshiri buying more shares, going up from 68% to 77%. But they say he wants Grantchester's shares, thought Kenwright was supposed to be selling the rest of his shares to Moshiri ? Wasn't that supposed to be the agreement.
Always wanted Grantchester to pool his resources with Moshiri, probably never happen now, in this day and age the more money we have behind us the better, a bit sad I know.
Grantchester will never put a penny into the club as long as Kenwright is anywhere near it, or so the story goes