2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate isnt good enough, see he is a good example, loaned out for a year but now back, but yeah he will be Colemans back up i guess

I like him and think he's unfairly maligned

Another victim of our supporters' poor attitude to younger players

It’s not. I sadly don’t think he’s good enough. And I’d think the same if he was multi million pound signing too.

I hope he can make it and he’s got time on his side but it is ok to say a young player isn’t good enough. They won’t all be first teamers.

Holgate isnt good enough, see he is a good example, loaned out for a year but now back, but yeah he will be Colemans back up i guess
Personally I think Holgate is a far superior defender than Kenny.
Kenny so far has looked solid but unexceptional.
I suspect that Holgates performances on loan have earned him a place as Coleman’s understudy this coming season with an added plus that he is also a more than competent CB , and can provide cover there also.

Hateboer, Brenet, Lazaro, I'd even take Kenny Tete. We need a viable RB candidate. Send Kenny on loan.

If the rumors are actually true and Schalke are after a loan we should 100% send him off there, provided we get a new RB in. Would be a great move for him imo.

Has to be a risk it'd be a Lookman mkII. Young lad doing well in Germany, then coming back to Everton and not getting a look in. From a players perspective, getting regular game time in Bundesliga is great (for them), but for Everton? It's sadly hard to see how he fits here, especially as we don't have European games to worry about, and Coleman generally has a decent fitness record so doesn't rest that often. What good would it do him to stay here and play a handful of games?

Personally I think Holgate is a far superior defender than Kenny.
Kenny so far has looked solid but unexceptional.
I suspect that Holgates performances on loan have earned him a place as Coleman’s understudy this coming season with an added plus that he is also a more than competent CB , and can provide cover there also.

If you look at full backs today, their primary role isn't to defend, but to attack. That's why Robinson perhaps has a chance on the other flank. Holgate isn't a full back in a month of Sundays.

Think WBA fans will say different

We have slightly loftier ambitions than WBA. I don't doubt he could make a decent defensive full back, but the full back role has moved on from the Hibbert and even Gary Neville style full back and is now primarily an attacking role. You only have to look at the mob across the park, or our own Lucas Digne to see that. It's like trying to compare Lescott and Baines. I'm sure Lescott could do a job at full back in his day, but he wasn't a left back and certainly wasn't in the class of Baines.

I'm sure Holgate could 'do a job', but we've got to aim higher than having backups that could simply do a job towards people who can genuinely come in and offer a similar performance to those they're replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.