Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s very much Schneiderlin so maybe he’s seen as his long term successor since we don’t have anyone else in the squad that can play that role (I actually think Dowell could one day personally).

He’s very much Schneiderlin so maybe he’s seen as his long term successor since we don’t have anyone else in the squad that can play that role (I actually think Dowell could one day personally).

Dowell has always seemed lightweight when I’ve watched him and flitters in and out of a game. Reminds me a little of bilyaletdown

I’ve seen him deeper for England twice now and he’s got on the ball a lot more and I really liked what I saw. He’d need lots of protection though (hello Gana)

He’s got tons of quality. Needs to get on the ball regularly. I hope something clicks with him.

He’s got tons of quality. Needs to get on the ball regularly. I hope something clicks with him.

Yeh I don’t think it’ll be with us. But he was getting it straight from the centre halves, sprayed it around, was really effective. Obv you lose out on his final third shooting and through balls but at least he’s involved.

He looked like a much better athlete to me. Having a true 6 with Gana in front of him with Siggy up top is fine structurally. But that No. 6 has to be better and cheaper than Schneiderlin. We also STILL don't have another CM/DM that could play as part of a twin destroyer tandem with Gana behind Siggy. That's the player we need. We are so physically outmatched at this point in the center it's not even funny.

He looked like a much better athlete to me. Having a true 6 with Gana in front of him with Siggy up top is fine structurally. But that No. 6 has to be better and cheaper than Schneiderlin. We also STILL don't have another CM/DM that could play as part of a twin destroyer tandem with Gana behind Siggy. That's the player we need. We are so physically outmatched at this point in the center it's not even funny.
Why does he need to be cheaper than Schneiderlin?

Why does he need to be cheaper than Schneiderlin?
That did sound a bit absolute so my phrasing was probably a bit off, but what I meant to say was that we need a better No. 6 than Schneiderlin as he's decent but seriously limited as he cannot athletically keep up with many of the attackers in the PL AND that they will also almost certainly be cheaper than Schneiderlin who is on 100K a week. I just think you'll probably struggle to find a true holding mid that is on that kind of cash for any team. That's an absurd outlay at that position unless they are literally the best in the world at it and Schneiderlin surely is not. Beyond that, Silva isn't going to play that player every week. Hopefully we'll have a better mix of CMs/DMs and aren't stuck with having to play an anchor type player every match.

How did he do?
I gotta admit it, I love this kid, Zat. His awareness is phenomenal for the position. His anticipation and quickness is really good. And he's strong and aggressive. He's not small. He's a bit inconsistent with his touches and passing, but he's also making first touch passes with velocity and skill. He's constantly moving, checking his alignment - his positioning is really advanced. He's terrific.

That did sound a bit absolute so my phrasing was probably a bit off, but what I meant to say was that we need a better No. 6 than Schneiderlin as he's decent but seriously limited as he cannot athletically keep up with many of the attackers in the PL AND that they will also almost certainly be cheaper than Schneiderlin who is on 100K a week. I just think you'll probably struggle to find a true holding mid that is on that kind of cash for any team. That's an absurd outlay at that position unless they are literally the best in the world at it and Schneiderlin surely is not. Beyond that, Silva isn't going to play that player every week. Hopefully we'll have a better mix of CMs/DMs and aren't stuck with having to play an anchor type player every match.
You're not wrong. Good explanation mate.

You're not wrong. Good explanation mate.
Thanks, I wrote that very poorly.

BTW, I really want to see this kid Sosa play against better competition. 15M or so is a ton of money on an unproven youngster, but I'm really impressed, albeit it's only 2 games and this last one his team did not play well. It's not enough to really know.

I gotta admit it, I love this kid, Zat. His awareness is phenomenal for the position. His anticipation and quickness is really good. And he's strong and aggressive. He's not small. He's a bit inconsistent with his touches and passing, but he's also making first touch passes with velocity and skill. He's constantly moving, checking his alignment - his positioning is really advanced. He's terrific.

Havent they got Mali next who gave the French a tough game?

Could be interesting to see how he does against them...

Status
Not open for further replies.