Truly world class.........?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in the team of 1984-85,it was labelled by the media the team with no stars, but for me any of them could have fitted into a World XI that season they were THAT good,I know my eyes didn't deceive me as I watched virtually every home/away game that fantastic season:)

World Class in their era?

I guess Big Nev, Shaggy Stevens, Trevor Steven, The Rat, Sharp, Reid, Gray, the boy Line Acre would get into most 1980’s top teams

Duncan McKenzie in the 1970’s
Andrei Kanchelskis in the 1990s
Rooney

Honestly, I would not place Baines nor anyone else since Rooney in the world class bracket

Oh and Mo Besic, obvsly

I guess Big Nev, Shaggy Stevens, Trevor Steven, The Rat, Sharp, Reid, Gray, the boy Line Acre would get into most 1980’s top teams

Rooney

Honestly, I would not place Baines nor anyone else since Rooney in the world class bracket

Oh and Mo Besic, obvsly

And it was going so well!

Anyone in the team of 1984-85,it was labelled by the media the team with no stars, but for me any of them could have fitted into a World XI that season they were THAT good,I know my eyes didn't deceive me as I watched virtually every home/away game that fantastic season:)

...they were such a unique blend of players who complimented each other, not just in terms of their skill sets but also in terms of attitude. It’s a fair point you make, Dario. I consider the likes of Pat VdH a truly classy defender who at that time could’ve graced any team, Sharp the best target man i’ve ever seen. Neither, however, accumulated many international caps for their countries. Similar with Reid and Bracewell. Heath was never a full international.

Some team, though.

Rooney

Oh and Mo Besic, obvsly

...Duncan Mackenzie isn’t worthy of a mention. 14 goals in 48 games for Everton, i’m not even sure if he ever got picked for England.

Status
Not open for further replies.