Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve this weird feeling of being more excited about players we could loose, rather then ones we could bring in.

Honestly, looking st websites hoping to hear of a link out then in.

Jags i think is gone but if Baines was staying he would have signed by now i think?

Perhaps Gibson to step up...19 in July which you would hope to be an age thesedays where high potential players are in the squad?

I’ve this weird feeling of being more excited about players we could loose, rather then ones we could bring in.

Honestly, looking st websites hoping to hear of a link out then in.

I fear you’re in for even more disappointment than I am hoping for Lozano to be delivered to us.

Clubs know we’re desperate to get rid and the ones we want out are on big wages. I’ll be shocked if it’s not the same loan type deals at the end of the window with us paying the majority of the wages. Sandro, bolasie, mirallas, cuco. Probably add niasse and tosun to that list as well.

I suppose we might get some money in for besic, McCarthy, vlasic and the young Nigerian kid who’s never kicked a ball for us.

Jags i think is gone but if Baines was staying he would have signed by now i think?

Perhaps Gibson to step up...19 in July which you would hope to be an age thesedays where high potential players are in the squad?

Hard to know, I’m pretty open minded about it. I’d hang onto Baines, Jags if Silva feels he has a year in him as well. I look at both as saving us a fee this year. Jags I think would depend on Zouma. Could enable giving someone like Gibson a shot.

The academy look a talented bunch, but realistically you are lucky to get one or two first team or squad players going forward. We need to use the assets in the academy wisely, loan fees and maximizing fees eventually,

Hard to know, I’m pretty open minded about it. I’d hang onto Baines, Jags if Silva feels he has a year in him as well. I look at both as saving us a fee this year. Jags I think would depend on Zouma. Could enable giving someone like Gibson a shot.

The academy look a talented bunch, but realistically you are lucky to get one or two first team or squad players going forward. We need to use the assets in the academy wisely, loan fees and maximizing fees eventually,

From reading the youth thread it seems the main view is that only Virginia and Gibson can step up.

Wouldnt be shocked to see both either on loan or as 1st choice backups.

Baines and Jags i'd let go now...I think were starting a new phase and its best to bring in fresh blood, whether from the reserves or transferred in.

Id like to see us go with a small core squad of 20 players of high quality and potential.

I fear you’re in for even more disappointment than I am hoping for Lozano to be delivered to us.

Clubs know we’re desperate to get rid and the ones we want out are on big wages. I’ll be shocked if it’s not the same loan type deals at the end of the window with us paying the majority of the wages. Sandro, bolasie, mirallas, cuco. Probably add niasse and tosun to that list as well.

I suppose we might get some money in for besic, McCarthy, vlasic and the young Nigerian kid who’s never kicked a ball for us.

Could be, I wouldn’t to be pessimistic though, Besic, Niasse, Mirrallas, Cuco are in their final year deal, so if someone doesn’t pay a nominal fee, we will loan them out like Williams this year and they are gone. McCarthy to, but I would be disappointed with that business. That’s five.

Sandro, there needs to be a discussion re leaving by mutual consent, for boths sake. I can see that happening.

Then Bolaise and Tosun, Tosun is tricky but likely a market in Turkey. Bolaise, I’m not to worried about, at a lower fee now, I can see someone coughing up 7 mill.

Not to worried on breaking even on fees, more the wage and squad space it creates.

Last edited:
From reading the youth thread it seems the main view is that only Virginia and Gibson can step up.

Wouldnt be shocked to see both either on loan or as 1st choice backups.

Baines and Jags i'd let go now...I think were starting a new phase and its best to bring in fresh blood, whether from the reserves or transferred in.

Id like to see us go with a small core squad of 20 players of high quality and potential.

It’s hard to know, Baines still has more to give IMO. Jags could easily moved on with questions over being able, however with Zouma not being our player and possibly a young lad coming through, it could be sensible to have him around. Ifs and buts though.

I’d have a different opinion, I wouldn’t do a total reboot, change is better when managed incrementally as opposed to one sweep.

Financially speaking you have to look at the likes of Baines saving us money, it’s a position we don’t have to invest in this summer.

I still think broadly we would be very very lucky to get a least one to two players out of the academy teams, that tends to be the optimistic mean for most teams, unless an exceptional once in a generation, generation comes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.