2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means most people thought he was our player of the season. It matters not a jot what you think mate. Why are you talking as if a left back should be contributing to more goals than an attacking midfielder anyway?

Never said he had to? But considering how close & in some case superior Sigurdsson's stats are defensively, it's impossible for you to claim Digne's better based on that merit.

I'm challenging the common census/popular opinion, and if you were 'oh so right' as you claim then it would be fairly easy for you to prove me wrong?

The fact is Digne's contributions both offensively & defensively come no where near Sigurdsson creating 50% of our league goals. Add on top of that his work rate & defensive contributions it just becomes embarrassing for Digne. Anyone who legitimately believes he was our POTY really has no clue what they're talking about.

It wasn't even a contest imo, Digne head and shoulders above everyone

I'd like to hear some actual reasons. Anything that even remotely suggests, implies or helps other people come to the conclusion that Lucas Digne genuinely deserved POTY over Sigurdsson would be greatly appreciated because as of right now nobody has had the courage to address any of my points which usually indicates that you're absolutely speechless & incapable of coming up with a logical counter rebuttal that wont hilariously backfire by me literally using your own logic against you.

Never said he had to? But considering how close & in some case superior Sigurdsson's stats are defensively, it's impossible for you to claim Digne's better based on that merit.

I'm challenging the common census/popular opinion, and if you were 'oh so right' as you claim then it would be fairly easy for you to prove me wrong?

The fact is Digne's contributions both offensively & defensively come no where near Sigurdsson creating 50% of our league goals. Add on top of that his work rate & defensive contributions it just becomes embarrassing for Digne. Anyone who legitimately believes he was our POTY really has no clue what they're talking about.

I'd like to hear some actual reasons. Anything that even remotely suggests, implies or helps other people come to the conclusion that Lucas Digne genuinely deserved POTY over Sigurdsson would be greatly appreciated because as of right now nobody has had the courage to address any of my points which usually indicates that you're absolutely speechless & incapable of coming up with a logical counter rebuttal that wont hilariously backfire by me literally using your own logic against you.

I’ve watched Lucas Digne play all season, you haven’t because you’re a Manchester United fan and you’ve seen Sigurdsson do some impressive things on the highlights and used WhoScored a fair bit. I and everyone else who voted in the POTY have watched full Everton matches all season so your stats do not “prove us wrong” in any way.

I’ve watched Lucas Digne play all season, you haven’t because you’re a Manchester United fan and you’ve seen Sigurdsson do some impressive things on the highlights and used WhoScored a fair bit. I and everyone else who voted in the POTY have watched full Everton matches all season so your stats do not “prove us wrong” in any way.

Sigurdsson created half of our goals & put up similar/better numbers defensively. Explain how Digne deserved to be POTY instead of another nothing burger response.

Because I watch Everton play, and he was our best player by a mile. Who do you think should have gotten our Player of the Year?

Gee it's almost as if I watch Everton play as well? Oh wait probably because I do.

Let me ask you on a serious note, all jokes aside. Do you really think Digne deserved POTY over Sigurdsson who literally created 27 of our 54 goals in the league?

NhsS0Co.jpg

Sigurdsson created half of our goals & put up similar/better numbers defensively. Explain how Digne deserved to be POTY instead of another nothing burger response.

Gee it's almost as if I watch Everton play as well? Oh wait probably because I do.

Let me ask you on a serious note, all jokes aside. Do you really think Digne deserved POTY over Sigurdsson who literally created 27 of our 54 goals in the league?

NhsS0Co.jpg

You have never once in your life watched Lucas Digne play a full game. Please cease this crusade against our player of the season at once, you have no grounds to be debating it.

If you take a look at both of Digne's FK goals this season they're both from the left.

Every single time he takes it anywhere else he hits the wall. He seems to be fundamentally incapable of even challenging the goal keeper unless if it's on the left.

I cannot take anyone seriously who says he was our best player last season. How can you compare him to Sigurdsson creating 27 of our 54 PL goals?

Literally 50% of our goals came through him. Then you might say Digne's defensive contributions somehow outweigh Gylfi's goal contributions, but even that doesn't make sense.

Ball recoveries? Gylfi 160 vs Digne 181

Tackles won? Gylfi 34 vs Digne 47

Blocked shots? Gylfi 32 vs Digne 13

Possession lost? Gylfi 547 vs Digne 726

Our playmaker actually outperforms Digne in some categories, and is only slightly behind in tackles & ball recoveries.

As far as Sandro & Bolasie go they're both crap. Anybody who has ever looked into their stats would know that.
Siguardsson’s role in the side is to do just that and he did it very well last season. However his fellow players agreed with the fans by naming Digne joint player of the season, so maybe they are also wrong.

I have nothing againsy Siggy mate, he's a very good player, albeit a bit crap on the penalties. Would defo be in our top 5 players this season imo

Please shut up. The player who creates half of our goals isn't struggling to be among our top 5 players. He's outright our best player & you haven't substantiated any of your claims.

Siguardsson’s role in the side is to do just that and he did it very well last season. However his fellow players agreed with the fans by naming Digne joint player of the season, so maybe they are also wrong.

Gueye winning it joint with Digne really proves how absolutely worthless the award is. Shame on you or anyone who believes a popularity contest accurately defines who the best player of the season was.

Pretty sure Digne has the highest rating on that as well. Everyone who has watched the team consistently for the most part agrees that Digne is the best player.

Please shut up. The player who creates half of our goals isn't struggling to be among our top 5 players. He's outright our best player & you haven't substantiated any of your claims.

He wasn't our best player mate. Digne was, as overwhelmingly voted for by our fans and players. Reckon Gueye and Keane probably pipped Sigurdsson too, but no doubt about it, Siggy plays some decent togger

Status
Not open for further replies.