Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am personally not a fan of excluding the youngsters in dead duck games. It would be a tad different if Richarlison, Coleman and DCL were healthy, but we have three of them out. Plenty of spots to give a youngun or two a go

Christ, I hate that crap so much and it's one of the reasons I'm disillusioned with football. The amount of contempt towards both us and City is disgusting. OK, we're not great, but we are getting better under Silva, he hasn't signed one rubbish player yet, and the likes of Digne, Keane and Sigurdsson deserve some recognition. But no, we're just plucky little Everton, we need to stay in our lane. At least Matt Le Tissier's there representing Southampton, I guess.
Also, Sky's coverage of the Liverpool game gets 1 hour of build up while their coverage of the City game gets 30 minutes build up. The bias is beyond the joke and it ruins my enjoyment of football.

Something else you couldn't make up, (To paraphrase) Paul Merson on the Liverpool / Barcelona game:
"People have a tendency to say that Barcelona where bad and didn't turn up but nahh not this time, Liverpool where on it. They battered them"

Few weeks ago Merson on the Everton / Chelsea/ Arsenal / UTD game:
"Everton weren't good, Chelsea / Arsenal / UTD just didn't turn up"

I'm not bothered about praise for Everton, Just the same for every team would do me. Play well then say it, play bad then say it. This picking and choosing is embarrassing.

Players under 21 years of age don't have to be in the premier league squad list, they can be added to match the squads if wanted.
How many under 21s have we got to pick from then?
Name the possibilities that fast winger should at least be on the bench then .....if he's under 21 Josh .....my memory gone lol

Also, Sky's coverage of the Liverpool game gets 1 hour of build up while their coverage of the City game gets 30 minutes build up. The bias is beyond the joke and it ruins my enjoyment of football.

Something else you couldn't make up, (To paraphrase) Paul Merson on the Liverpool / Barcelona game:
"People have a tendency to say that Barcelona where bad and didn't turn up but nahh not this time, Liverpool where on it. They battered them"

Few weeks ago Merson on the Everton / Chelsea/ Arsenal / UTD game:
"Everton weren't good, Chelsea / Arsenal / UTD just didn't turn up"

I'm not bothered about praise for Everton, Just the same for every team would do me. Play well then say it, play bad then say it. This picking and choosing is embarrassing.
I don't take anything Merson says seriously, ever since he talked some guff about us playing an old side when most of the squad, IIRC, were under 30.

Reactions: MrD
If the youth ain't good enough to be picked then they ain't good enough, Can't just play them cause its a meaningless game/last game of the season

I suspect most eyes around the world won't be watching City's or RS's game...not whilst the possibility of Everton getting a 10 goal positive GD is on the line.
We have the opportunity to garner some global critical mass if we beat Spurs by a 2 goal differential.
Sadly, I feel the pressure will get to our lion hearts...

2-0 to Spurs

How many under 21s have we got to pick from then?
Name the possibilities that fast winger should at least be on the bench then .....if he's under 21 Josh .....my memory gone lol
I dunno Joey, I was just being pedantic as it was posted that Silva's hands were tied with bringing youth players in if not already in the premier league squad list.

I love a bit of pedant on a Sunday.

nbc used to all the final games on the television, no more, its RS, Man City and Man utd.

correction they are

Status
Not open for further replies.