2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup final and top 10, I would take that now. I would much rather be in a position to win something, than 5th

Top 6 isn’t happening till we start making 7th our own (we can’t even do that atm) and then build towards it.

If we want long termism and progress it has to be incremental otherwise it won’t have solid foundations. Please don’t get trigger happy if we aren’t 6th or higher next season.

The minimum requirement for me is the same as it us every season.

To do the absolute best we can,

I won’t start the season setting “acceptable” mediocre targets about finishing seventh or stuff like that.

Just aim for the top, take the two Cups seriously and see where we wind up :)

Oh....and win a derby.....or two :celebrate:

Winners don't come second.
Bar fulham continue the good work and improvements currently on show.
Start work on BDM
Top 4 finish.
Forget the league cup cos we'll never win it.
FA cup would be great but top 4 is a must.

7th place in the league
Higher points total in the league than this year
Better cup runs i.e. getting knocked out by better teams than Southampton and Millwall or god forbid actually winning one!
Improved away form

All achievable incremental goals

Following on from a chat with @GrandOldTeam and the other staff.

In your opinion, what’s the minimum required for us next season? I would argue 5th.

6th & 7th not good enough due to the sheer stupidity of a season beginning June/July with trips to Eastern Europe.

Is a cup the best way to get European football? If so, I don’t watch that at the expense of league position. I’d then expect a cup AND a decent placing.
I reckon 5th but as a maximum, as I see Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal & United all having problems / work to do/ squads to build or improve on.
Will City and the rs be able match this seasons very high standard.
The is a distinct possibility of 'Room at the Top'
Wolves, Leicester and a couple of others might like to think they will have some imput but in decending order.
5th & FA Cup
5th & the mickey mouse cup.
5th
And so on down the numbers.

Some of the posts in this thread are wildly optimistic considering it’s to discuss minimum requirements.

Minimum requirement for me would be 7th/8th and good cup runs. Anyone expecting (the key word here) us to break in the top 6 is daft.

That's fair actually. I think stating our minimum requirements (which, for me, would be 7th and a really good cup run) are woefully dull, so just imagine this thread is call 2019/20 - Wildest dreams

My expectations will be down to what our transfer business is.
Cups are hard, like. Semis minimum, plus a good push to break the rich 6.
This run in has seen Goodison become a fortress again, so I'd really like a great home record next season to keep that going.

Penetrate or at least get a lot closer to the top 6, good effort at the cups and no lengthy slumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.