2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like many others in the side, he needs to improve his composure. He is very promising and the Pienaar comparisons are very accurate. Works on both sides of the ball tirelessly

Not counting Lukaku's goals while on loan here is a GOT first that even I didn't see coming.

Bernard could reach Bernardo Silva levels if he tightens things up in terms of decision-making, has a few more pops at goal and chills out on the ball a bit more. He's clearly desperate to impress, but often seems a bit too desperate. Great player and a pleasure to watch, but can also be extremely frustrating. Hopefully he'll iron out the errors and improve next season as he could be our best player if he does.

He's the level we thought Sandro would be. Seems very easy to compare our current left side to the Baines Pienaar pairing but the similarities are there. Right footed midfielder that's small and tricky and can beat a man, maybe lacks in goals, and a left back that never stops and has a majestic left foot with a very good understanding of how the other one moves. Think they'll be more productive next year now they're both settled and will be fully fit.

he needs to carry the ball into the penalty area more often. That is the main reason for his lack of goals. He is doing a lot of good work outside the box, bring in 10 yards towards goal and we can see a completely different player.

He's the level we thought Sandro would be. Seems very easy to compare our current left side to the Baines Pienaar pairing but the similarities are there. Right footed midfielder that's small and tricky and can beat a man, maybe lacks in goals, and a left back that never stops and has a majestic left foot with a very good understanding of how the other one moves. Think they'll be more productive next year now they're both settled and will be fully fit.

He may well be the same level but he's probably a completely different type of player.

Anyone seen the videos of free kicks?

Surprised he's not taken a few for the Toffees this season.

You throwing in league cup games and on loan? Recalc the stats then..... still makes awful reading.

Used to be a flat track bully.... now he's just a fat back....

Failure with the big move he whinged for..... moved to win things... one of the reasons they've failed.

Work on supporting players who wanna do well for us instead of worshipping ex players who couldn't wait to get away

Scored 2 goals against Chelsea in the cup and I forgot his goals in the 3-3 derby didn’t count because he was on loan .

Scored 2 goals against Chelsea in the cup and I forgot his goals in the 3-3 derby didn’t count because he was on loan .

Include them and recalculate I can't be bothered. The stats I quoted were from 2 web sites..... and were spot on.

The fact remains.... lukaku is a flat track bully. Fat, past it, never given us what we are seeing from DCL - the ability to impact a game without goals....

Back to Bernard.... what a treat watching a talented footballer. Amazing.

Not sure why you bother on this forum mate, you just seem to want to slate players.

Status
Not open for further replies.