2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he does struggle with comprehension..... like this thread it's full of strawman posts to the point of ridiculous.

Insulting people's intelligence by deliberately misconstruing posts is worse.

I’m not deliberately misconstruing posts tho.

But Danny who are we going to get in? bring in some competition by all means but we haven't exactly got a great track record recently of signing decent strikers, but the formula against the top sides is working at the moment, he is wreaking havoc and others are reaping the benefits to score, I really hope next year he's able extract the rise from his detractors.

Trouble is , we aren’t wreaking havoc in games we should win , that’s a problem

ShArE ThE GoAlS around the team.

Dont think we need 2 Strikers, we defo need 2 goalscorers tho.

DCL will do.

Siggy and richy have both had very decent goal returns this season , they’re unlikely to score a significant amount more next season . You can’t expect Gana, Morgan or Gomes to suddenly start hitting 7 goals each and Bernard has never been a goal scorer in his career to date. We either get a LM in place of Bernard and disrupt the partnership he has with Digne and hope the new fella scores goals and hopefully helps as well as they do or we get a striker that can actually shoot.

I think the forum needs "goons"..... it could be the only thing that stops some Evertonians turning into kopites.

By that.... good honest pros getting slated and having the p1ss taken out of them whilst half arsed mercenaries get all sorts of allowances.

I agree with the sentiment but unfortunately the honest pros don’t seem to win very much. We have always had class about what we do. Moyes has this in spades when he first came and i learned them that being nice only allows other players, clubs, uefa ,the FA , sky and it’s pundits to take the pish.

Remember clattenberg saying you do t give pens againat RS in the last minute? Moyes criticism of the ref , without going into details , should have had him charged and he could have shown how biased the fa is. Instead they didn’t charge him and it never came out , Wenger being a whinge bag about Johnson amd is having 10 stone wall pens turned down, Moyes then did the classy thing and sent a vid to the fa and they agreed most of them were pens, tapping up players by mangers , media and pundits selling our players etc. doing the right thing usually means getting walked on, look at English teams and England , players staying on their feet and not rolling around faking injuries , yet teams that dive, fake injuries and cheat always seem to get away with it. I mean look at cantona he didn’t even get banned by the FA , Man U banned him , Suarez has bitten about 3-4 people in front of millions and if I did that I would be charged with assault , Ferdinand missing a drugs test because he’s moving house and gets what 6 months? In other sports they get years. We have always had honest pros playing for ya since the prem began and we always get the bad decisions , red cards for tackes with no contact, refs sending a player off after someone like Gerard whispers to him, goals disallowed, they even rigged the CL mate.

DCL is a good honest pro that works hard and seems to genuinely realise how lucky he is to be a millionaire footballer. He’s like Coleman , jags, baines , Cahill etc in terms of attitude, but that doesn’t mean he’s good enough mate and that is the harsh reality, he cannot shoot and I don’t care what you say, you can’t have a striker that can’t shoot, it’s like having a CB that can’t head .

Hello again Tel what a surprise to see you still negging Dom, is it just him you're obsessed with or have you a 24/7 downer watch on any of the other young players.

I take a lot of grief on here mate because I don’t think he’s good enough , been called toxic tel, people have called me Kopite people have said I can’t comprehend posts and accused me of deliberately misconstruing posts etc. I have said DCL isn’t good enough and it’s largley down to his finishing, when his terrible finishing happens I like to point that out to the people that reckon he’s the next Kane,sharp or drogbaamd im not exaggerating that, these are the players he’s compared to on here

No he's a perfect example.... do our fans think every player needs to be a 17 year old wayne Rooney?

Osman was a good solid player for us.not the best player in the world but before he managed to be a regular player who had us qualifying for champions league was written off by a fair few know all's as a nothing.

We’re people saying he was the next Scholes, Gerard,Lampard? Because that is half the reason Of the arguing in this topic. People have said he’s the next Kane etc and that’s the basic root of all the disagreements here

Ahhh....all the other options are worse?.... £40m worth of expenditure. Plus the fact that richarlison as a centre forward doesn't give us the same edge.....

Yet here he is getting all sorts of insults thrown at him... a lad who cost £1m has grown his game to the level that without scoring he still gives us more than any other player in the squad.

I'm sure I've just watched Rondon give a DCL type performance..... arguably capped off with a goal but after missing a few gilt edged DCL type misses.

Yep.... I'm sure we may get a sparkling new forward.... but till we have that option to play someone better than DCL then throw him a break.

You just hit the nail on the head mate , Rondon is more clinical than DCL, he’s better at holding the ball up but isn’t as quick or as good as pressing. Rondon has spent his whole career playing for teams below us in the league mate, he’s never played for a top 6 team and neither will DCL. The fact that’s he’s the best option despite the other two costing 40m is more a reflection of bad scouting from bobby and fat Sam mate. DCL is an outstanding success as a signing from a business perspective , there is no doubt in that. 1.5m was a great spot but he’s still not good enough

:)
I take a lot of grief on here mate because I don’t think he’s good enough , been called toxic tel, people have called me Kopite people have said I can’t comprehend posts and accused me of deliberately misconstruing posts etc. I have said DCL isn’t good enough and it’s largley down to his finishing, when his terrible finishing happens I like to point that out to the people that reckon he’s the next Kane,sharp or drogbaamd im not exaggerating that, these are the players he’s compared to on here
[/QUOTE
He's forging his own style and while he could score more goals he's proving by a country mile he's the best option he's got, but honestly Tel by the start of your last post this thread is getting to you, visit the joke thread and turn that frown upside down:)

But Danny who are we going to get in? bring in some competition by all means but we haven't exactly got a great track record recently of signing decent strikers, but the formula against the top sides is working at the moment, he is wreaking havoc and others are reaping the benefits to score, I really hope next year he's able extract the rise from his detractors.

I don't think DCL is wreaking havoc, mostly because opposition teams know that he doesn't score goals-we just now have other players who have good finishing. Now if we had a striker who scores goals - that sort of threat really does wreak havoc.

I don't think we can be buy into this false sense of security that everything is working. We saw the middle part of the season, we struggled massively and these players are likely to do that again.

He isn't wreaking havoc. He's being a nuisance but as we saw at Fulham, that just isn't enough. Mainly because we have very few goals in the team outside of Richarlison and Sigurdsson.

It's difficult but if you want to be a top team you've got to buy incredibly well. Salah, Mane and Firmino £80m. Bolasie, Klaassen and Tosun £80m.

I don't think DCL is wreaking havoc, mostly because opposition teams know that he doesn't score goals-we just now have other players who have good finishing. Now if we had a striker who scores goals - that sort of threat really does wreak havoc.

I can only hope Silva isn't seeing DCL as the option next year. If he is then we are going to be in for another long season...

Status
Not open for further replies.