Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the American pundits decided that Everton was really good while also saying United were awful, one said it was like an Easter egg hunt where the eggs are hidden in your basket.

Might have been said already. But why is the whole press saying it was a poor performance by United. No one mentioned how well we played.
It’s annoying. We didn’t allow United any space, any time on the ball. They were awful because we made them so. We’ve now taken more points off the Sky 6 than any other team outside of Sky beloved 6 clubs. Beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and United one after the other and matched the RS but never once given the credit for it..... long may it continue

The one thing I’ll say on this is: I think their fans are finally realising things weren’t all Moyes/Van Gaal/ Mourinho’s fault. I think they have some real bad apples in that dressing room as similar to Chelsea they seem to just completely down tools as soon as soon as they get a bollocking or get told it’s the manager’s way or this high way. Problem the players will have now is it’s very unlikely the fans will turn against Solskjaer with him being a club legend and the players may actually have to take some responsibility for their own actions.
Don't kid yourself, fans will blame any one and every one for poor performances...especially if the media jump aboard and start driving it.
Anyway, I have no doubt, De Gea, Pogba and Lukaku are bending their agents ear right now.

The NBC color commentator gave us a compliment. Something along the lines of “Everton look a side that can challenge for Champions League, whereas Manchester United do not. I know it’s not possible for Everton this season, but that’s what I’m seeing right now.”

I think people see the quality of players we have on the pitch, but we have to start getting it right tactically and mentally. That is what’s holding us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.