Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cash flow statement first. You can see approximate 50M coming in, 150M coming out. Now, with agent fees on top of transfers, it's hard to know exactly. But according to transfermarket, we had transfers out of 127M, in of 203.2M. That's actually less than $100M.

I can see only 45M of long term - more than a year - of liabilities on the books, too, with intangible assets - i.e., player registrations, agent fees - at least according to the footnotes of like 250M. Unfortunately, the books don't tell me if that $45M is even deferred transfer liabilities at all, it could be many things. Again, I'm definitely out of commercial accounting practice and sports are pretty specific - and I DEFINITELY haven't done accounting work in sports in like 15 years and never overseas. But even if it WAS deferred transfer fees, 45M over the remainder of contracts that probably have an average of 2-3 years left on contracts...it's not that much if you think about it.

Keep in mind, that's a VERY quick analysis, and I'm sure I'm missing something. We also made money on player trading this past year, so if I really crunched the P/L and tried to roll over the liabilities, I'm sure I could gain a lot more confidence. But I honestly don't know what "trade debtors" is specifically. It might not be player fees at all. It could be anything, although it's not the credit facility, which looks like it has 43M within 75M of the short-term debt.
word-image-11.jpeg

I know its not what your looking for, but it interested me anyway.

http://priceoffootball.com/tag/everton/
http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2017/01/everton-pressure-drop.html

Maybe its there somewhere, I cant find it anyway.

Going to be a busy summer

Moshiri has apparently said that they have identified 23 players who can leave - and have sounded out 9 potential incoming players

Blimey, that`s nearly two thirds of the squad, surely that must involve youth players, who have been deemed not to have made the grade ?

Wouldn’t be surprised if we started seeing some movement in the next 3 weeks.

Imagine we will sell Vlasic for around what we bought him and install a buyback option and same with Henry in Turkey.

The rest can go for buttons bar Tosun and Bolasie I believe we will try and get as much back as we can.

Proper plan for our best youngsters from that u23 crop.

Could be very exciting again.

Then we have incoming players again a mixture of astute purchases and one or two bigger name who we believe we can eventually sell for huge money, Neres as example.

On the few occasions I’ve seen them play, Max Aarons the full back for Norwich would have been a good signing for us. It looks like he’ll be playing in the premier league anyway next season, so it will be interesting to see how he adapts.
Funny, he reminds me a bit of how he looks with Weston McKennie. I hate to get all American on everyone, but why not make a move for him? He'd be a bit pricey due to the USA premium I'm sure, but he can play RB, he can play CM - which we badly need, awesome in the air, great work rate, athletic, has a long throw, too, could play a bit to spell Coleman and be early off the bench most matches. My guess is that he can play CB, too.

He's not a massive name in the US, YET. But heaven knows there are financial opportunities if we raised our profile in the US. Hirving Lozano would do the same, but McKennie could solve a couple problems for us IMO.

Cash flow statement first. You can see approximate 50M coming in, 150M coming out. Now, with agent fees on top of transfers, it's hard to know exactly. But according to transfermarket, we had transfers out of 127M, in of 203.2M. That's actually less than $100M.

I can see only 45M of long term - more than a year - of liabilities on the books, too, with intangible assets - i.e., player registrations, agent fees - at least according to the footnotes of like 250M. Unfortunately, the books don't tell me if that $45M is even deferred transfer liabilities at all, it could be many things. Again, I'm definitely out of commercial accounting practice and sports are pretty specific - and I DEFINITELY haven't done accounting work in sports in like 15 years and never overseas. But even if it WAS deferred transfer fees, 45M over the remainder of contracts that probably have an average of 2-3 years left on contracts...it's not that much if you think about it.

Keep in mind, that's a VERY quick analysis, and I'm sure I'm missing something. We also made money on player trading this past year, so if I really crunched the P/L and tried to roll over the liabilities, I'm sure I could gain a lot more confidence. But I honestly don't know what "trade debtors" is specifically. It might not be player fees at all. It could be anything, although it's not the credit facility, which looks like it has 43M within 75M of the short-term debt.

Keep in mind, that is the year up to May 18 its the period that covers the sale of Rom etc and the signing of Klassens and the winter window of Tosun and Walcott, so thats before we did anything last year summer window and i would subjectively question that health on the deals that we did in that context. Im not at home at the mo and heading to the gym in a bit but ill have a look at the figures hopefully this evening, im curious now to see if it gives a net ammosrtisation figure or net liability on player trading, my general belief is that the amorrtisation figure is reported annually and broken down annually and is so every year until the end of the contract, but im open minded about it and genuinely curious to have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.