Bale on loan, perhaps?

No thanks Browns.

18/19Ankle InjuryMar 6, 2019Mar 13, 20197 days1Real Madrid
18/19Calf InjuryJan 4, 2019Jan 25, 201921 days6Real Madrid
18/19Ankle InjuryDec 13, 2018Dec 18, 20185 days1Real Madrid
18/19Adductor problemsOct 7, 2018Oct 19, 201812 days-
18/19Adductor problemsSep 30, 2018Oct 4, 20184 days1Real Madrid
17/18Calf ProblemsNov 30, 2017Dec 11, 201711 days3Real Madrid
17/18Pulled hamstring at the adductorsNov 9, 2017Nov 27, 201718 days3Real Madrid
17/18Calf InjurySep 28, 2017Nov 6, 201739 days8Real Madrid
16/17Calf InjuryApr 24, 2017Jun 1, 201738 days8Real Madrid
16/17Calf muscle strainApr 13, 2017Apr 20, 20177 days2Real Madrid
16/17Ankle InjuryNov 24, 2016Feb 16, 201784 days17Real Madrid
16/17Hip problemsSep 15, 2016Sep 22, 20167 days2Real Madrid
15/16Disrupted Calf MuscleJan 18, 2016Mar 3, 201645 days8Real Madrid
15/16Muscle InjuryOct 19, 2015Nov 5, 201517 days4Real Madrid
15/16Muscle InjurySep 17, 2015Sep 28, 201511 days3Real Madrid

Heres some pretty pictures that explain it better, using Di Maria as an example.

View attachment 57228

Yep, it’s basically as I’m explaining even in crayon, the season on season amortization, equals the book price of the player and liability to the club.

I was explaining it in very simple terms, but you are right in the sense there can come a tipping point with wages as above over the length of the contract that might make it better sense in the long term to sell particularly if a player will decrease in value or won’t be involved. Klassen is another example.

If we sold Gylfi for 14 mill though, we save his wages but still on the hook to Swansea for the three years remaing on contract. We save his wage of course. But we crystalize a loss on the liability to Swansea (haven’t worked out what that is, but over 50% of his fee). So ball park 20 odd million. We crystalise a loss on the fee of 6 mill odd we have to find to pay Swansea. But we save wages on the last three years of contract.

Making a loss on the fee, loosening our top goal scoreer with no profit on the deal, but saving three years of wages makes little sense. Essentially it’s cutting your top goal scorer loose, paying 6 mill odd for the privilege all so you could save a wage for three years and not have the player.

Yep, it’s basically as I’m explaining even in crayon, the season on season amortization, equals the book price of the player and liability to the club.

I was explaining it in very simple terms, but you are right in the sense there can come a tipping point with wages as above over the length of the contract that might make it better sense in the long term to sell particularly if a player will decrease in value or won’t be involved. Klassen is another example.

If we sold Gylfi for 14 mill though, we save his wages but still on the hook to Swansea for the three years remaing on contract. We save his wage of course. But we crystalize a loss on the liability to Swansea (haven’t worked out what that is, but over 50% of his fee). So ball park 20 odd million. We crystalise a loss on the fee of 6 mill we have to find to pay Swansea. But we save wages on the last three years of contract.

Making a loss on the fee, loosening our top goal scoreer with no profit on the deal, but saving three years of wages makes little sense. Essentially it’s cutting your top goal scorer loose, paying 6 mill odd for the privilege all so you could save a wage for three years and not have the player.

I wasnt suggesting we sell him for 14m, I was just using his yearly "figure" to make it easier.

At this point I would probably take our money back, that doesnt mean I dont rate him, I really do, but moneys, money.

Nobody is ever gonna pay us 45m either like.

They do the same in aus , had no idea what the manager was saying when he tells us the line up. Outside back I think is full backs and inside half are CB’S I believe he also has a weird name for wingers and wide midfielders.

No they don’t, the players just run around following the ball in Oz as the league is worse than the business houses league on a Sunday on Croxteth Park

I wasnt suggesting we sell him for 14m, I was just using his yearly "figure" to make it easier.

At this point I would probably take our money back, that doesnt mean I dont rate him, I really do, but moneys, money.

Nobody is ever gonna pay us 45m either like.

Well I think we need to be looking at the mid 20s for it to break even territory, might make more sense in a year.

Not sure we are that hard up for money, we have way more low hanging fruit then Gylfi. I’d be a big fan of his. I often look at him and we haven’t had a player like him in a long time and I’m not sure fans know what to do with him, maybe Beardsley the closest.

Essentially he’s a hybrid no 10, or an 8 and a half. Phenomenal return with 13 goals when you look around the league, Cahill took up a similar role and even Arteta at times I think at his very best both struggled with that return. There will always be a market for someone with his consistent end product and delivery, even if it’s for a year or two.

He’s pulling his weight in a big way in my eyes. It’s a head scratcher from me how he divides opinion.

Well I think we need to be looking at the mid 20s for it to break even territory, might make more sense in a year.

Not sure we are that hard up for money, we have way more low hanging fruit then Gylfi. I’d be a big fan of his. I often look at him and we haven’t had a player like him in a long time and I’m not sure fans know what to do with him, maybe Beardsley the closest.

Essentially he’s a hybrid no 10, or an 8 and a half. Phenomenal return with 13 goals when you look around the league, Cahill took up a similar role and even Arteta at times I think at his very best both struggled with that return.

He’s pulling his weight in a big way in my eyes. It’s a head scratcher from me how he divides opinion.

I think hes a great player.

Your point is?

I was just shook.

Maxi Gomez would be very tough to get, and I'm not sure would suit us anyway, isn't really quick enough. For a winger/forward/whatever, I like the look of Chukwueze at Villarreal. Slightly more developed, faster version of Lookman with lots of potential to further improve.
Saw him against Valencia and him and Guedes really impressed me. Chuckweze is so skilled for a teenager and Guedes is one of the most rapid players I’ve ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.