• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was bordering on mike walker levels. People know I hated El Coco but that was on a whole new level of bad. He looked like a man who’d quickly ran out of ideas.

It was indeed absolutely terrible and the defending was shambolic.

But the fact he's found some very good performances and shown some adaptability gives me hope that he maybe does know what he's doing. Yesterday at least pipes down the Allardyce fan boys. No one in their right mind can argue we'd have produced that kind of football, and that result, last season.

It's not like we've done anything in recent years. So he deserves a bit more time and more patience.

But the fact he's found some very good performances and shown some adaptability gives me hope that he maybe does know what he's doing. Yesterday at least pipes down the Allardyce fan boys. No one in their right mind can argue we'd have produced that kind of football, and that result, last season.

It's not like we've done anything in recent years. So he deserves a bit more time and more patience.

The 2018-2019 season has been a real roller coaster for EFC supporters....we started the season reasonably brightly with some early promise, considering the changes in manager and players, then hit the pre/post Christmas doldrums when performances were pretty dreadful. Then a dramatic improvement since the home draw with the RS. The fan base (generally) has reacted accordingly, one minute full of hope and optimism, the next wanting Silva and the majority of players gone and then swinging back to confidence and hope for the future after the recent performances against top six opposition.

The oscillation in support is totally understandable and happens at all clubs but I feel we can learn from this season and hopefully have a modicum of patience in future? We’ll always have ups and downs but I’m confident we are moving in the right direction. Even Guardiola and Klopp didn’t have great first seasons.

We went almost 2 years without beating a top 6 side, we have beat 3 in the last month.

If people cant see that as progress well they cant be helped.

BUT WHAT ABOUT FULHAM

Just wondering where the “Silva out, he’s a loser, he’s not won anything, poor appointment “ posters are this weekend?

Does Silva get this weekend off from them? Maybe if we lose at Palace we will see them back......

They`ll surface around Thursday and slowly start dripping their poison into every post.

They do it every time after a decent win.

They`re only happy if we lose and they can shout about how right they were all along.

Weird.

Indeed, I said that the break we had would either be the end of him or define him. Apart from Fulham (because in all honesty we battered Newcastle and t-Rex cost us) every game we have been the better team.

He’s got a reaction from the players which is all I wanted, it proves they’re buying into his ways.

The thing that gives me hope, is that he seems to have been able to turn things around to some extent. The players seem to have a good team spirit and work rate, now. Next season I hope we can push the top 6, the media think its impossible for anyone to get into it. But I think we can at least, bridge the gap.

Indeed, I said that the break we had would either be the end of him or define him. Apart from Fulham (because in all honesty we battered Newcastle and t-Rex cost us) every game we have been the better team.

He’s got a reaction from the players which is all I wanted, it proves they’re buying into his ways.

I said a few weeks ago I was very impressed by the reaction of the players.

It could have been very easy for them to go into holiday mode and just get the flip flops on, but every single 1 of them is pulling their tripe every week.

Of course the Fulham and Newcastle games are a concern, Fulham we just never showed up and Newcastle our collapse was quite special, but they bounced back in fine fashion.

Consistency is our biggest issue, if we can sort that out then the future looks very bright.

Imagine a post like this though.

We’ve just beaten Man United 4-0 and someone is more arsed about who is wrong and right on the internet.

Personally I had a beer after we won yesterday. You?
People are more obsessed with hedging their bets and obtaining internet points than they are with wanting Everton to succeed. I just want to win. I hope Silva is that guy because it saves us a lot of trouble. He has to learn how to consistently get results and win tough games (particularly ones we aren’t playing well and/or go behind).

That run between December, Jan and Feb really was horrific. Nearly 30% of the season where we just stumbled to 11 points out of 39 was diabolical

Anything close to reasonable form would have seen us not far off 4th/5th/6th, certainly a very clear 7th which is where we should be
It was bordering on mike walker levels. People know I hated El Coco but that was on a whole new level of bad. He looked like a man who’d quickly ran out of ideas.

People like you two and @ijjysmith and @LouReedwalkonthewildside and @GrandOldTeam - normally non-knee jerk reasonable posters - losing your nerve over him just barely after Christmas in his first season was a shock to the system. I couldn't believe you'd gone so early. Obviously we'd had a rocky patch with managers which made us all feel a bit fed up, but it surprised me the speed with which he was thrown under the bus.

I think he's proven you all wrong.

I feel ashamed of myself the way I've doubted Marco and this Everton side. I was weak during our poor spell. I wanted him out just like so many. Modern fans can be obnoxious, fickle and unrealistic at the best of times. I should've been patient and resolute.

We have seen over 30 years of cold winters with the occasional spring flowering.

Something's changing though and if feels different. Everton are WAKING UP.

We are giant slayers again.

As the sleeping giant takes its first breath lets give Marco our 100% support. Next season I'm sure is gonna be something very special.

People like you two and @ijjysmith and @LouReedwalkonthewildside and @GrandOldTeam - normally non-knee jerk reasonable posters - losing your nerve over him just barely after Christmas in his first season was a shock to the system. I couldn't believe you'd gone so early. Obviously we'd had a rocky patch with managers which made us all feel a bit fed up, but it surprised me the speed with which he was thrown under the bus.

He’s neither proven me wrong or right.

But as long as we keep winning I honestly don’t care.

The consistency we crave will come with another pre season and a squad that has a variety of options.

We can't play the same team / make the same subs against everyone and not expect to be found out.

For me, that's what happened at Fulham. We were found out by a home team willing to sit deep and counter attack.

Brands has a huge job this summer to add some versatility to the ranks.

The only time I've really doubted Silva was at FT vs Newcastle. The other ups and downs were of no surprise given the changes in direction the club made last summer and how ill-equipped the squad has been to be consistent as stated above.

I'm really looking forward to the summer and next season. Something I haven't said for a few years. Even after Koeman spent all that money I remember feeling eery about it, most notably because of the bizarre set up of the squad.

The consistency we crave will come with another pre season and a squad that has a variety of options.

We can't play the same team / make the same subs against everyone and not expect to be found out.

For me, that's what happened at Fulham. We were found out by a home team willing to sit deep and counter attack.

Brands has a huge job this summer to add some versatility to the ranks.

The only time I've really doubted Silva was at FT vs Newcastle. The other ups and downs were of no surprise given the changes in direction the club made last summer and how ill-equipped the squad has been to be consistent as stated above.

I'm really looking forward to the summer and next season. Something I haven't said for a few years. Even after Koeman spent all that money I remember feeling eery about it, most notably because of the bizarre set up of the squad.

agreed - having a plan B to use when sides park two rows of four in front of us is going to be key to next season or we will continue to bizarrely beat those above us and lose to those below us - only Everton...

I blame Sam Allardyce Dave, it’s the only reason I can come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.