• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Moyes, he never got to play against a United team as bad as that one was today. Even his United team weren't as bad as that.
Can't understand why anyone feels the need to say anything negative about Moyes, different managers, different eras and with different spending power.
Besides, as great as the last 3 wins have been, I'd trade them all for a 3 0 derby win.

Can't deny, the results against RS, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd have been utterly magnificent. Well done Mr Silva and the players for those matches.

However, to put another perspective to it, we needed to take 10 points off the afore mentioned teams at this stage of the season to avoid being on 39 points with 3 games of the season left (and one of those Spurs away)..

Easy to see why so many are yet to be convinced (myself included), however credit where credit is due to take those 10 points. Maybe some of our players raised their game against the top 6 as they are after a move to a champions league club? Or maybe Silva has the magic touch against some of the big 6 (let's not forget spurs at home).

Either way, Watford (of all teams) are favourites for 7th with 3 home games left. How can we truly be happy with that?

Ad. I said before, let's see where we are in October - you have paid your bail with the those big results and are are free to go till then Mr Silva....Happy Easter everyone.

One thing i really like about him, is how well he is getting players to play that he didnt bring to the club, not his players, Keane, Siggy, Gueye all been great under him, thats a good sign that, other managers might need to build there own side, but he has shown those 3 for example can play even if those who bought them couldnt.

Great stuff, this last run of games since that brake have been fantastic, a total turn around that many didnt see coming!

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

How dare you not include any of my Silva hate in your list.

Can't deny, the results against RS, Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd have been utterly magnificent. Well done Mr Silva and the players for those matches.

However, to put another perspective to it, we needed to take 10 points off the afore mentioned teams at this stage of the season to avoid being on 39 points with 3 games of the season left (and one of those Spurs away)..

Easy to see why so many are yet to be convinced (myself included), however credit where credit is due to take those 10 points. Maybe some of our players raised their game against the top 6 as they are after a move to a champions league club? Or maybe Silva has the magic touch against some of the big 6 (let's not forget spurs at home).

Either way, Watford (of all teams) are favourites for 7th with 3 home games left. How can we truly be happy with that?

My take is that I'm happy to see a manager improving and correcting mistakes, we haven't had enough of that, I like his system and the players seem to be buying in and that's a big part of the battle.

The next step, obviously, is being able to beat teams who defend in two big blocks but as he hasn't really had to experience that in English football previously he deserves optimism that he can do it.

I think the question on Silva’s ability to manage a club of our caliber has been answered personally. Not just on the pitch but off it too, it’s been an achievement to regulate the virus sweeping the club over the past few years. While that remains a challenge clear progress has been made. It’s time to move on from a pretty irrelevant i was right or wrong on the internet debate.

The job of work now on the pitch is now evolution. There is a style of play and philosophey that is embedded. It’s about pressing in phases in strategic zones , limiting other teams ability to trigger quality and counter play. That is a foundation however.

It’s not surprise that we can beat teams in the top 6, in an open shoot out our philosophey is very effective at its base level. What we lack though and is evident in results in teams further down the table in the quality to beat a blanket defence Teams sitting behind the ball and spoiling or teams who set out to physically dominate us or who set out to physically battle us to win a foundations to play.. We don’t have the collective quality, the fire power, or the physical presence and battling qualities to dominate those teams. It’s a completely different skill set and game style.

That won’t improve until next season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get beat in our next two and get a result vs Spurs.

So the areas I mention is the job of work of Brands In he summer, to add the broad quality base, improve fire power and bring in physical presence and battling qualities into the squad.

The foundation has been set but we need vairence in those skills sets and vairence is the squad depth to begin to build the ground floor.

This thread has descended into I like him and I don’t, it’s pretty boring and lacking in any real analysis. It’s now the job of evolution and where Silva can take us and what is needed to grow in my opinion.

No one really notices or cares about who right or wrong on the internet.

Last edited:

I think the question on Silva’s ability to manage a club of our caliber has been answered personally. Not just on the pitch but off it too, it’s been an achievement to regulate the virus sweeping the club over the past few years. While that remains a challenge clear progress has been made. It’s time to move on from a pretty irrelevant i was right or wrong on the internet debate.

The job of work now on the pitch is now evolution. There is a style of play and philosophey that is embedded. It’s about pressing in phases in strategic zones , limiting other teams ability to trigger quality and counter play. That is a foundation however.

It’s not surprise that we can beat teams in the top 6, in an open shoot out our philosophey is very effective at its base level. What we lack though and is evident in results in teams further down the table in the quality to beat a blanket defence Teams sitting behind the ball and spoiling or teams who set out to physically dominate us or who set out to physically battle us to win a foundations to play.. We don’t have the collective quality, the fire power, or the physical presence and battling qualities to dominate those teams. It’s a completely different skill set and game style.

That won’t improve until next season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get beat in our next two and get a result vs Spurs.

So the areas I mention is the job of work of Brands In he summer, to add the broad quality base, improve fire power and bring in physical presence and battling qualities into the squad.

The foundation has been set but we need vairence in those skills sets and vairence is the squad depth to begin to build the ground floor.

This thread has descended into I like him and I don’t, it’s pretty boring and lacking in any real analysis. It’s now the job of evolution and where Silva can take us and what is needed to grow in my opinion.

No one really notices or cares about who right or wrong on the internet.
Very good post mate.

It's something that's dogged us since the latter two seasons under RM. We traded competing tooth and nail with those outside the top 5/6 while under Moyes for a team that could try and match up that top 5/6 but not dominate (or even convincingly compete with) the rest of the division.

I think the balance comes with spending a lot of money wisely. And that is why Koeman's period here was such a tragedy. He blew our best ever shot we're likely to have at competing with the whole of the PL.

The main reason is because we aren't consistent enough. Which is why we aren't good enough for top 4. It's those teams that perform consistently

Yeah, I'm betting on/hoping on him adding that consistency next year, and to turn some of those Fulham losses in to wins...

I’ll crown him when he can win more than 14 games in a campaign of 38.

You are having a shocker here David.

Incidentally, as I mentioned, we beat City 4-0 under Koeman. We lost to our neighbors 4-0 twice under your Spanish man crush.

Just dropping that in.

Tbf tho, we didn't do that in a run of 3 wins and a draw against top 5/6 teams.

[Poor language removed] it, stuck with him. Never been over awed with him (nor silva out). He’s done the same as his predecessors (hitting form when the seasons over)

Needs backing in the summer. See what happens.

[Poor language removed] the [Phrase removed]

Again, see above. Even then, none of his predecessors got a string of such good results.

Just wondering where the “Silva out, he’s a loser, he’s not won anything, poor appointment “ posters are this weekend?

Does Silva get this weekend off from them? Maybe if we lose at Palace we will see them back......

Status
Not open for further replies.