• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a quote from ages ago...when Silva was at Olympiakos it was said that "his team are so fantastic on the counter they almost have to give the ball to the opposition to be most effective".

I think hes close to finishing this stage of transition into a counter attacking side and in summer he will need to also add in how to be more effective in posession.
This is the question for me. No doubt he can get us playing as a counter attacking side but can he also get us to effectively play a possession game and break down teams who park the bus, or teams who are physically strong and who press us? If he can do that then things will be looking very positive. If not then we won’t be breaking into the top 4 with him at the helm.

This is the question for me. No doubt he can get us playing as a counter attacking side but can he also get us to effectively play a possession game and break down teams who park the bus, or teams who are physically strong and who press us? If he can do that then things will be looking very positive. If not then we won’t be breaking into the top 4 with him at the helm.

To be fair, I’m late 20’s and I don’t think I’ve ever seen us once have a side or manager than can break deep teams.

Yet another brilliant performance, but I just hope we can show that we can do it consistently now by beating Palace away.

Clearly there is an attitude problems within the squad, the Fulham game proved that. I’d be scared the players are going to think they just have to turn up at Palace to win. I hope Silva doesn’t let them stroll through this week in training.

As said on Sky, when they briefly talked about us. The results in the four matches against the top six, were very big results for Silva. I agree means nothing if you go away to a relegated team and lose.
"Means nothing". What nonsense. So 10 points v top 6 sides in 4 games get taken off if we lose to Fulham. Behave.

Which is pretty much what I said.

Apparently they knew he was the answer early days though, despite all the bad performances and embarrassing defeats.

Bad performances and embarrassing defeats are what we had to expect though and be willing to look past them to see the bigger picture. What manager is going to come here and instantly hit the ground running with consistency after we've had Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce within a short period of time?

As most of us said at the start, it's a season we must allow him to bed himself in.

Yet another brilliant performance, but I just hope we can show that we can do it consistently now by beating Palace away.

Clearly there is an attitude problems within the squad, the Fulham game proved that. I’d be scared the players are going to think they just have to turn up at Palace to win. I hope Silva doesn’t let them stroll through this week in training.

I think it's a mentality issue and we need to raise our game against the Fulham and whoever's of this league.

After what happened last week, I think they'll be aware they can't just turn up and take all 3 points. In a way the Fulham defeat could be a blessing, moving forward we can learn from that. The squad seems to be learning all the time and making progress. We didn't get that under previous managers.

With the teams that park the bus it is crucial to score first and make them open up. We have tear out of the blocks in those games, something we didn’t do at Fulham.

It’s a big problem we need to overcome. I hope Silva and Brands have acknowledged the lack of options available in these types of games and address it with the signing of a striker that will offer quick movement and clinical finishing. However it’s a mental part of the game I think we struggle to show patience at times and launch the ball in the box - which is crazy as the teams we struggle against mostly have 2/3 grocks clearing up against our 1 striker. Need more patience and movement - possibly even adjusting the shape of the team to have another player in the box. Got to force the first goal and I don’t think we do enough presently to expect results to simply change if we keep doing the same things.

Remember not so long ago we had a huge headed oxygen thief in charge, and had us all believing we should be grateful he kept us in the league!!! A guy who was so bad that Everton fans didn’t even want to go the game anymore..
Now we have a manager who has us loving going the game again, he’s not perfect but he’s got us excited again and that’s a good start.

Remember not so long ago we had a huge headed oxygen thief in charge, and had us all believing we should be grateful he kept us in the league!!! A guy who was so bad that Everton fans didn’t even want to go the game anymore..
Now we have a manager who has us loving going the game again, he’s not perfect but he’s got us excited again and that’s a good start.

There’s still Evertonian’s out there who’d rather have Sam than Silva....it’s madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.