• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say hiring manager who had just relegated a club, like Roberto Martinez, a bad manager.

I’d say hiring a very controversial character in Sam Allardyce, who is known to cause issues at clubs, hiring a bad manager.

I’d say hiring Marco Silva, who was relegated with Hull and sacked by Watford, Irving a bad manager.

Koeman being an exception, I thought he was a good appointment at the time.

We have not invested in a proven winner, not once. Then we wonder why we don’t seem to progress beyond our ceiling.

There is no need for the insults, it’s a forum discussing football, ffs. I actually had you down for a good poster, too.

The insults are tongue in cheek and sarcasm, and not meant as nasty. Apologies if you have taken it that way.

Koeman’s record in his 3 full seasons of being a premier league manager is 7th, 6th and 7th, decent considering the clubs he took over.

He is now classed as a “bad” manager by some.

It’s completely irrational and fickle.

Well if you edit his career out to the extent that the only three years that are left are the ones where he inherited decent sides, then yes he is not a bad manager. If on the other hand you include the rest - his repeated failures (even at clubs that are in two- and three-team leagues), what he did to Valencia, what he did to us - then its pretty clear that he actually is a bad manager.

I mean, did you not watch us at the start of last season? Allardyce was a horrifying appointment and he was much better than Koeman was.

I’d say hiring manager who had just relegated a club, like Roberto Martinez, a bad manager.

I’d say hiring a very controversial character in Sam Allardyce, who is known to cause issues at clubs, hiring a bad manager.

I’d say hiring Marco Silva, who was relegated with Hull and sacked by Watford, Irving a bad manager.

Koeman being an exception, I thought he was a good appointment at the time.

We have not invested in a proven winner, not once. Then we wonder why we don’t seem to progress beyond our ceiling.

There is no need for the insults, it’s a forum discussing football, ffs. I actually had you down for a good poster, too.
Koeman was the worst of all them though, by some distance.

As for "we have not invested in a proven winner", that is true for our entire history - but we have still won things. The difference now is that it is that much harder to win things because the decks are so completely stacked against all but four or five teams in the league.
Just the League Cup, Europa League and their highest place finish in 6 years.

Er, no I didn’t. I said anyone who backs Kenwright isn’t a real Evertonian. That is something I stand behind. No real Evertonian can back that man after the damage he has caused.
Thats silly, what if everyone thinks they are a real Evertonian and you arent. What if i think im a real Evertonain and every one else isnt it. What if i dont care what anyone thinks.

What if i say your not a real Evertonin, do you believe it, probably not. Should you care, no.

Essentially, it doesn't really matter and who cares.
Koeman’s record in his 3 full seasons of being a premier league manager is 7th, 6th and 7th, decent considering the clubs he took over.

He is now classed as a “bad” manager by some.

It’s completely irrational and fickle.
Well if you edit his career out to the extent that the only three years that are left are the ones where he inherited decent sides, then yes he is not a bad manager. If on the other hand you include the rest - his repeated failures (even at clubs that are in two- and three-team leagues), what he did to Valencia, what he did to us - then its pretty clear that he actually is a bad manager.

I mean, did you not watch us at the start of last season? Allardyce was a horrifying appointment and he was much better than Koeman was.

Literally ANYONE who had an interest in Spanish football would have known Koeman was a shocking manager from what he did to Valencia (the biggest club hes managed aside from possibly us).

Saying hes a good manager is just poppycock, theres no evidence to support this.

Also saying anyone not slating Kenwright isnt an Evertonian...well thats disgraceful.

Literally ANYONE who had an interest in Spanish football would have known Koeman was a shocking manager from what he did to Valencia (the biggest club hes managed aside from possibly us).

Saying hes a good manager is just poppycock, theres no evidence to support this.

Also saying anyone not slating Kenwright isnt an Evertonian...well thats disgraceful.
What??????

He managed psv Ajax benfica Valencia and won trophies with all of them

He was so shocking at Valencia he won a Copa del Rey beating Barcelona along the way

What??????

He managed psv Ajax benfica Valencia and won trophies with all of them

He was so shocking at Valencia he won a Copa del Rey beating Barcelona along the way

Youve just shown that you didnt watch any of those teams or at least dont have any knowledge bar reading stats.

Heres a stat, Valencia were 3rd favourites for the league when they hired him. He had them on the way to relegation before being sacked.

A well known opinion was that the players ignored his instructions in the Copa Del Rey (a trophy no one focuses on) and he was sacked next game.

Benfica were bottom of a 3 horse race when 2nd favourites the season he was appointed.

He also nearly destroyed them.

Exactly...their senior players even took the club to court due to the treatment they suffered.

I think he should be given his time, but as Ijjy said above he has done nothing special. I can at least say that in some areas he has shown promise.

He has competed against the bigger sides. He has brought in the right players. There are big question marks over his tactical adjustments and his ability to motivate the players. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.