• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given where he started from I think Silva has done a decent job in his first season.

The atmosphere at the club when he took over was toxic. He's remedied that in a big way this season and there's much more of a feelgood factor and a relationship between players and supporters.

He's done well to settle a team and a style of play considering the state the squad he inherited was in and how many new players (and new to the league) he's introduced.

People who expected him to be able to establish the huge gap between us and everyone below 7th like we had at the end of Koeman's first year are unrealistic. That was with a very settled squad which had Lukaku at his best up front.

This squad needed and still does need a huge rebuild due to the mistakes Koeman and Walsh made in their time. That won't happen overnight.

I expect an improvement on the pitch next year as the project will be into it's second year. That's normal.

The third quarter of this season was worrying and the cup exits were wholly avoidable and unacceptable. He needs to learn from that. That doesn't define his whole season though as there have been more positives than negatives when you look at the whole picture.

I'm glad the board held their nerve and ignored the shrieking from some supporters when it came. Chopping and changing managers without the stable, quality squad to lean on (Chelsea) is how clubs end up on a downward spiral and ultimately get relegated.

Given where he started from I think Silva has done a decent job in his first season.

The atmosphere at the club when he took over was toxic. He's remedied that in a big way this season and there's much more of a feelgood factor and a relationship between players and supporters.

He's done well to settle a team and a style of play considering the state the squad he inherited was in and how many new players (and new to the league) he's introduced.

People who expected him to be able to establish the huge gap between us and everyone below 7th like we had at the end of Koeman's first year are unrealistic. That was with a very settled squad which had Lukaku at his best up front.

This squad needed and still does need a huge rebuild due to the mistakes Koeman and Walsh made in their time. That won't happen overnight.

I expect an improvement on the pitch next year as the project will be into it's second year. That's normal.

The third quarter of this season was worrying and the cup exits were wholly avoidable and unacceptable. He needs to learn from that. That doesn't define his whole season though as there have been more positives than negatives when you look at the whole picture.

I'm glad the board held their nerve and ignored the shrieking from some supporters when it came. Chopping and changing managers without the stable, quality squad to lean on (Chelsea) is how clubs end up on a downward spiral and ultimately get relegated.

Pretty much agree with all that. The league cup exit is on him imo, starting Stekelenburg and Dowell etc for no reason whatsoever against a Premier League team.

Watford transformed?

They have had a decent season, so what? It happens year in, year out. Swansea, Watford, Wolves, Bournemouth, Southampton having a decent run by their standards, and trumpeting that they have transformed football.

They all slink back to their natural habitat. Leicester had to find a king for their miracle ffs.
Watford 13th and 16th in their last 2 seasons.
They are the Burnley of last season and they will as @roydo says go back where they belong next season

I said we had a stronger squad than the teams around us, they would currently be: Wolves, Watford, Leicester and West Ham.

We’ve since added to that squad with improvements, so we’ve maintained a stronger squad than the teams around us.

I hope you can understand this, it isn’t hard.
Wolves were not in the PL last season so you cant compare us and them over 2 seasons

PICKFORD
COLEMAN KEANE zouma digne
GANA gomes
SIGURDSSON
richarlison DCL bernard
Of the current starting line up

6 players were in the squad last season
1 player has been promoted as starter
4 players have improved since last season
5 new players starting (has been up to 6)

Thats a huge amount of upheaval even ignoring the mood in the squad in summer when so many were shown the door.

Factor in a new style of play and testing out certain players and experimenting with others and it doesnt look such an easy task.

I'd be really happy if we made the same amount of changes this summer and finished 7th next season. Building things takes time.
At the start of the 20/21 season of the six players in capitals there I would be surprised if 2 of those were still in the starting 11 and I am really only expecting 1 but would not be shocked if there were none
That will be the season to Judge Silva.
I did not want him hired ,still do not want him as manager but he is here ,he will need time and next season will be as frustrating as this season with hopefully a bit more consistency

Are people really saying this?!

He’s done almost the exact same job as everyone else does here.

We really are accepting average if he’s getting any sort of serious praise.
It’s truly baffling. Don’t get me wrong, I know I’m a right moaning sod on most things Everton, but I feel it’s justified in this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.