Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d take that Josef Martinez from the MLS as a punt tbf

Edit: scratch that - just saw how bad his record was in Serie A

I have never wanted us to sign a player more than I want us to sign him.

Have you ever seen a less Everton player? I reckon he'd finish off the Park End da's for good.

Oh he's active. Super passionate. Tough kid. Tries hard. But being a hard worker is different than being an elite athlete. I don't see it, personally.

Don't get me wrong, he's far from some industrious, limited CM. He's got a decent first touch and is really clever with the ball. He's a good player. But is he going to dominate the center of the park in the PL? Don't see it.

I think of him compared to Ibrahim Sangare. There's no comparison to me. One is a physical beast that is only going to get stronger with developing ball skills. His potential is super high. I just don't see that same type of player in Van de Beek.

He's got serious potential and looks like he'll be able to go onto play in a league like the PL.

MLS is an even higher threshold than usual imo. When Jozy Altidore scores for fun the league is hot garbage. Elis is good over here but he isn't as good as Almiron and despite my personal opinion that Almiron is a good signing he hasn't really shown it yet. I'd proceed with extreme caution regarding all MLS players. I wouldn't have even had Giovinco here.
Oh how I love the Jozy goals argument. He scored at an even higher clip in Holland yet people use scoring goals in Holland as a reason to sign players all the time.

I have never wanted us to sign a player more than I want us to sign him.

Have you ever seen a less Everton player? I reckon he'd finish off the Park End da's for good.
I'm telling you if you want to watch the Park End burn then Hakim Ziyech is your man

Vardy was the best striker in the PL not too long ago.
Get him in to show DCL the ropes as they're similar players.
Temporarily fixes our striker problem as we get the last good years from Vardy while at the same time DCL learns from the best ready to fill his spot. Win win.

Amazing during that first summer of when Koeman was manager and with him being Dutch he never actually went for the likes of Di Ligt, De Jong or Van Der Beek when they were under the radar and would have been got for peanuts.

Shocking.

We had 25M to spend on any of that Ajax team and opted for Davy 'decoy run' Klaassen. What an absolute calamity.

Status
Not open for further replies.