Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were under the radar because they were about 16 and hadn’t played any professional games you fig.
Jesus wept, and clubs don't sign players at 16 or under, and you don't know the policy of Ajax playing some kids at 16 in the first team?

All three played in the Europa final against Man United at the end of Koeman's first season in 2016-2017.

Di Ligt was 16 years old when that that season kicked off, and was the youngest ever player in a European final.

De Jong was 19 years old.

Van Der Beek was 20 years old.

Jesus wept, and clubs don't sign players at 16 or under, and you don't know the policy of Ajax playing some kids at 16 in the first team?

All three played in the Europa final against Man United at the end of Koeman's first season in 2016-2017.

Di Ligt was 16 years old when that that season kicked off, and was the youngest ever player in a European final.

Koeman’s “first summer” was 2016. You didn’t know who any of those players were in 2016, neither did we, neither did most people.

@mikeh72 ?

loel.gif

...even at the end of the season De Jong would have been 18 and Van Der Beek 19.

You didn’t have a clue who either of them were. They were “under the radar” because they weren’t in the first team. Van de Beek played 8 games in 2015/16 and De Jong was playing for their reserves in the second division.

You didn’t have a clue who either of them were. They were “under the radar” because they weren’t in the first team. Van de Beek played 8 games in 2015/16 and De Jong was playing for their reserves in the second division.
It was Koemageddon's responsibility to know who they were. He knew alright, he just wanted to get Everton to buy his precious Ajax's surplus to requirements tat.

De Ligt has been a 50 million plus player since the minute he broke through. De Jong has been highly thought of as well and is going to Barcelona. Leave it lads.

Koeman’s “first summer” was 2016. You didn’t know who any of those players were in 2016, neither did we, neither did most people.
Well if i was a Dutch football expert of a Ajax fan who knew about the said youngsters being brilliant, but alas i'm not.

Jesus the point went right over your head i see.

You just cannot comprehend a said Dutch manager with previous links to Ajax who had also been Dutch national manager some time before the Everton job might have known about those 3 players, but no you have to be abusive in a post when it was just a general post about Koeman not buying the players before their breakout season when they took Ajax to a EL final.

Layman terms for you, a few examples, what i was alluding to.

A Portuguese manager at Wolves buying a Portuguese 19 year old Ruben Neves.
Carlo Ancelotti at PSG buying an Italian 17 year Marco Veratti.
Arsene Wenger signing a French 17 year old Nicolas Anelka.

Well if i was a Dutch football expert of a Ajax fan who knew about the said youngsters being brilliant, but alas i'm not.

Jesus the point went right over your head i see.

You just cannot comprehend a said Dutch manager with previous links to Ajax who had also been Dutch national manager some time before the Everton job might have known about those 3 players, but no you have to be abusive in a post when it was just a general post about Koeman not buying the players before their breakout season when they took Ajax to a EL final.

Layman terms for you, a few examples, what i was alluding to.

A Portuguese manager at Wolves buying a Portuguese 19 year old Ruben Neves.
Carlo Ancelotti at PSG buying an Italian 17 year Marco Veratti.
Arsene Wenger signing a French 17 year old Nicolas Anelka.

You think Ronald Koeman, that fat lazy meff who couldn’t even be arsed spending more than 3 days a week on the training ground doing his paid job, had any clue what was going on in the Ajax academy?

Ruben Neves was bought for about £20m as a first teamer at Porto and those other two managers are two of the best to ever do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.