• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if what you're happy to accept as a supporter has a bearing on how successful you are as a club, how come we aren't Man City? We're the most miserable, hard to please fanbase in the division. Surely that makes the majority of us real Evertonians too by that logic?

If anything Evertonians are too easy to please.Some are happy enough with finishing 7th every year, and we even had people happy enough with Big Sam when he was appointed.I think when you haven't won a trophy in 24 years, and haven't won a derby in 9 years.There are reasons to be miserable.Everton are a massive club, but some supporters have a small time/ small club mentality.

If anything Evertonians are too easy to please.Some are happy enough with finishing 7th every year, and we even had people happy enough with Big Sam when he was appointed.I think when you haven't won a trophy in 24 years, and haven't won a derby in 9 years.There are reasons to be miserable.Everton are a massive club, but some supporters have a small time/ small club mentality.

Im not sure anybody is happy with 7th.

We all want to win trinkets, challenge for titles, its just that some of us arent gonna cry every season it doesnt happen.

Just cos we dont stamp our feet and scweam scweam it doesnt mean we lack ambition.

Just saying.

Expectations are at the lowest I've seen since the Mike Walker days imo.

I do think fans have largely given up - however I do think (well hope) next season fans start to question the board/manager more - Alladyce and last season has numbed alot and the whole "transition" year myth has been peddled by the Red Echo - I think another season like this and fans will start to turn imo.

We all want to win trinkets, challenge for titles, its just that some of us arent gonna cry every season it doesnt happen.

Just cos we dont stamp our feet and scweam scweam it doesnt mean we lack ambition.

Just saying.

Yes but i when the rs knocked us out of the cup last season, some people on here were posting things like encouraging signs etc.Im not saying that we need to be all acting like the geordies, but i just don't believe in just merely shrugging my shoulders, or being apathetic, when a club like this has gone so long without success.I suppose it's not really about being happy enough with 7th, it's more about what happened in the 90's knocking the ambition out of some of the fans.

Last edited:
For me it's a six of one, half a dozen of the other situation. At home with television or a stream you get the focus with slow-motion replays and multiple angles.

While you don't get in your seat, you do get a wider view of the game as a whole (the focus isn't chosen for you) which can includes the extra nuances of a game.

For example, I've been the games so many times and then watched it on MOTD and the interpretation they put onto it, through selected highlights, is remarkable.

Still, you're totally correct that this whole idea of a being a better fan because of A or B is risible and ultimately disregards the real important aspect - interpretation.

I know someone, who I've been the game with for decades, whose perception of football is beyond farcical and wouldn't stand up to a challenge by a toddler.

Whereas, there's people on here from all around the world who may have never been to the game or a mere few fixtures, but clearly know about their football.

God, if you actually choose to watch and support Everton rather than being indoctrinated by your parents, like many of us were, then that's some good going!
Very well said mate

Expectations are at the lowest I've seen since the Mike Walker days imo.

I do think fans have largely given up - however I do think (well hope) next season fans start to question the board/manager more - Alladyce and last season has numbed alot and the whole "transition" year myth has been peddled by the Red Echo - I think another season like this and fans will start to turn imo.

There are expectations, and realism mate. The game makes me weep at times these days; countries owning clubs, the top sides getting more and more cash, having a billionaire owner doesnt really make a difference.

So I just follow the team, in my own way.

Each to their own though. If you reckon fans turning, (on what exactly btw), will make the modern world go away, carry on. It wont.

Just saying.
Add to that, the realism that to compete with the big boys we will need more than two windows and a little more than half a year: it'll take a number of steps.

Things aren't 'great' at the moment yet equally we're not in the doldrums of football like some seem to suggest. Are we moving in the right direction?

Ultimately, that's the crux of the matter and maybe the jury is still out, but with my own eyes I am starting to see and feel some positive improvements.

There are expectations, and realism mate. The game makes me weep at times these days; countries owning clubs, the top sides getting more and more cash, having a billionaire owner doesnt really make a difference.

So I just follow the team, in my own way.

Each to their own though. If you reckon fans turning, (on what exactly btw), will make the modern world go away, carry on. It wont.

I agree largely the game has gown downhill however I still think fans can play a part in change mate - I remember when fans stayed behind at GP to protest at Martinez and Moshiri walked past and you knew it was only a matter of time before he was gone.

Im not suggesting he wouldn't have been peddled regardless however I just think if the fans make it known they aint happy it nudges the ownership into making changes/going that bit further.

West Ham fans kicked off last season and this year their usual penny pinching owners went and spent near £100 million and appointed Pellegrini over someone like Pardew/Hughes that they typically go for - they are still crap but again had WH fans not kicked up a fuss the Dildo twins I imagine would have been more than happy spending the bare minimum and appointing some garbage like O'Neill/Mclaren.

It will be gut wrenching if the Kopites win the league but as Neville Southall said on Twitter it might actually push our board into trying to get us moving forward rather than an apathetic fanbase sharing its city with a club back to winning titles/trophies.

The last thing we need is moving to BMD thinking this is as good as it gets - Spurs moved to New WHL thinking they will go forward and win stuff, I honestly think we'll move to BMD still fighting to stay in the top half whilst clubs like Wolves move forward.

I agree largely the game has gown downhill however I still think fans can play a part in change mate - I remember when fans stayed behind at GP to protest at Martinez and Moshiri walked past and you knew it was only a matter of time before he was gone.

Im not suggesting he wouldn't have been peddled regardless however I just think if the fans make it known they aint happy it nudges the ownership into making changes/going that bit further.

West Ham fans kicked off last season and this year their usual penny pinching owners went and spent near £100 million and appointed Pellegrini over someone like Pardew/Hughes that they typically go for - they are still crap but again had WH fans not kicked up a fuss the Dildo twins I imagine would have been more than happy spending the bare minimum and appointing some garbage like O'Neill/Mclaren.

It will be gut wrenching if the Kopites win the league but as Neville Southall said on Twitter it might actually push our board into trying to get us moving forward rather than an apathetic fanbase sharing its city with a club back to winning titles/trophies.

The last thing we need is moving to BMD thinking this is as good as it gets - Spurs moved to New WHL thinking they will go forward and win stuff, I honestly think we'll move to BMD still fighting to stay in the top half whilst clubs like Wolves move forward.

Nostradamus walks amongst us.

Watford losing too.

We should have taken our chance against an already relegated team.

Thats Silva's calling card.

He did OK at Hull until they had a mathematical chance to stay up then they were beaten in easy games.

He's the same here - does okay until any sort of pressure and folds. Our players just as bad however you cant keep blaming players with the squad turnover we have had in recent seasons- 6 new players this season alone.

He did OK at Hull until they had a mathematical chance to stay up then they were beaten in easy games.

He's the same here - does okay until any sort of pressure and folds. Our players just as bad however you cant keep blaming players with the squad turnover we have had in recent seasons- 6 new players this season alone.

Can we blame every single manager then? Because it’s happened under all of them.

lol. Are you forgetting he’s came in with three previous managers players? Needs his own needs time and he’s getting it. Ride the wave mate ride the wave

Status
Not open for further replies.