2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that Sigurdsson hides is probably the silliness arguement I've seen on the board as there is absolutely not a shred of evidence that it's true. But people like to make up stuff to suit their agendas I guess.

It's kinda how others can't have a bad game even when they were obviously crap.

That being said, Son has scored those goals in 1000 fewer minutes than Sigurdsson. Granted, he has a much better supporting cast, but he's terrific. Different position, but still fantastic.
How do you account for his continued lack of involvement in games please note i fully understand when he is involved he is very effective.

The data and eye test are very clear he doesn’t actually touch the ball a lot at all.

Do you think he is being used incorrectly by the manager?

You gotta admit Zat, its very strange.

On the 1 hand we have Iceland, 12 goals, people constantly wanting him sold and in some cases replaced by much inferior players who havent even played more than 5minutes for us, let alone scored more than 1 goal in 2 years, Lookman/Bernard and Vlasic, to name 3.

Then we have Richarlison, also 12 goals, people thinking we would get 100m+ if we sold him.

It honestly pickles my head.

He has the same amount of goals as Son from Spurs, somebody who I keep reading might win POTY, hes got the same amount of goals as Lukaku, a player we sold for 90m a few summers ago, Firminho, whos team is about to win the league, yet every week, even if he scores, people wanna take him apart, very, very strange.

For me, its quite simple...

The South American market is enormous and the players there such as Neymar and also Vinicius massively drive the fans to support european teams.

Now, Hirving Lozano (from a quick search) has 1.2million followers in instagram and he is the superstar of Mexico.

Richarlison has 1.3million followers

Pogba has 33million followers

Neymar has 113million followers

Gylfi has 220k ish followers

I know this is way off piste but Real and Barca in particular tend to look at players not only for top ability but also for their commercials in South America. This adds value onto the transfer fee.

We saw under Mourinho pogba getting special treatment and the press mentioned his followers...its important for club branding.

If richarlison can continue as number 9 for Brazil his value will continue to increase as will his supporter base adding more commercial benefits to the clubs he plays for, e.g South American fans = big shirt sponsors

Additionally theres a 7.5 year gap in age and we all expect him to improve, funnily enough he may do so quicker if we had a real active playmaker dictating play.

Bit there is none since Tuesday.... so your stab has missed....
If Keane played yesterday you can guarantee there would be as much nonsense in his thread as this

I was just kidding, i did take a peek in his thread and youre right.

Not much to comment on him really...

Richarlison was up/down and tried to make a few runs past their full back but was brought down several times...also attempted a few tackles...wasnt good but made the effort.

DCL was well contained by their forwards although was so close on two occasions and also put the effort in to gamble more than usual

Gomes tried to protect and move the ball with zero help from Gana or Sigurdssson

Sigurdsson was anonymous bar 2 or 3 things as his usual self.

Saying zip as usual Zat. Just ‘Sigurdsson is crap’. Very informative, insightful....and predictable.
At 53 years old computer games aren’t my thing - I prefer to base my views on what my eyes have seen in 40-odd years following Everton and watching football in general.
They were all poor yesterday but you just love to hate Sigurdsson....probably because he’s over 18.
Guess we need to agree to differ.

He had a shocker against Fulham. Can't even remember any moment with him on the ball, never mind doing anything with it.

If we could get 15-20m for him it's the best time to offload, despite him having a good season for us imo.

He had a shocker against Fulham. Can't even remember any moment with him on the ball, never mind doing anything with it.

If we could get 15-20m for him it's the best time to offload, despite him having a good season for us imo.

Ive no issue with selling him, no issue with selling any player in the whole squad if im honest, as long as they are replaced with better quality.

And we aint replacing him for 15-20m.

Ive no issue with selling him, no issue with selling any player in the whole squad if im honest, as long as they are replaced with better quality.

And we aint replacing him for 15-20m.
If Brands is as good as he's supposed to be, we should be able to bring in an exciting number 10 from abroad for around 20m. Somebody upcoming but who hasn't quite proven themselves yet. A young lad though, not some Davy Klassen type. I'd like that. I don't think we need a 15-goal number 10.

What we need is a 15+ goal striker, another striker who can get 10+, wingers who can get between 5 and 10, a 10-goal number 10 and players in midfield and defence who are able to score more than two a season each.

The goalscoring stats of Keane, Zouma, Gomes, Gueye, Walcott and Bernard are pitiful.

For me, its quite simple...

The South American market is enormous and the players there such as Neymar and also Vinicius massively drive the fans to support european teams.

Now, Hirving Lozano (from a quick search) has 1.2million followers in instagram and he is the superstar of Mexico.

Richarlison has 1.3million followers

Pogba has 33million followers

Neymar has 113million followers

Gylfi has 220k ish followers

I know this is way off piste but Real and Barca in particular tend to look at players not only for top ability but also for their commercials in South America. This adds value onto the transfer fee.

We saw under Mourinho pogba getting special treatment and the press mentioned his followers...its important for club branding.

If richarlison can continue as number 9 for Brazil his value will continue to increase as will his supporter base adding more commercial benefits to the clubs he plays for, e.g South American fans = big shirt sponsors

Additionally theres a 7.5 year gap in age and we all expect him to improve, funnily enough he may do so quicker if we had a real active playmaker dictating play.

That’s genius Zat. Grading a players ability on the amount of followers he has on social media. It may be an idea to compare the population of each of those players home nations and then consider why one has a million followers and another has 220,000.
So we should buy players for the commercial attraction they may bring, not their ability?
I think you’re onto something...have you got Marcels number

Status
Not open for further replies.