2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's somehow everywhere at once when out of the ball. If they're around the corner of the box he comes back to challenge, if we clear it down the channels he's ready to chase it, if we're pressuring from the front he's coming in to the middle. His work rate and positioning is incredibly important to how we work. For a winger its really impressive.
And that's just his off-ball work. In possession he's even better. Just wish he scored that 1 on 1, though it was a tight angle.

Honestly thought he would be too lightweight and not assed. Obviously can play football well but his willingness to scrap and make a nuisance of himself as well is very endearing

He's a player that the rest of his team trust. He holds up play at the right time, runs forward at the right time, is very aware of his surroundings so can play the right pass depending on that particular passage of play & gets back & gets stuck in with success.
Now he's getting a proper run in a far more settled starting 11 it's paying dividends. The attacking with numbers approach is clearly working.

Really coming good now.
Skill in bucketloads , but with commitment too !
The future looks really great

He was. Full value for money spent out in wages.

It beggars belief that such an experienced player who has Brazil first team experience can be so nervous in front of goal though.
He is not a goalscorer and never really has been, i don't know why people suddenly expect him to start scoring loads that is not what his game is about.

It beggars belief that such an experienced player who has Brazil first team experience can be so nervous in front of goal though.

Not something you see out of Brazilians, in general. Pienaar wasn't exactly prolific in that position either though so, as long as he keeps the opponent occupied and helps us retain the ball higher up the pitch or cause some offensive havoc, it's equally beneficial to the whole team.

I'm just hopeful that Brands and Silva can assemble more partnerships around the pitch like they appear to have done with Digne and Bernie and Gana/Gomes. Having those can add almost a third person between just two. I'm not a religious man but I pray, sometimes...for certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.