2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you can say that about Mina and Zouma, neither of those two look good enough if we want top 6, and neither have been as good as Keane this season. In fact you can say it about most of the squad apart from Lucas.
Ive often believed a team is only as good as the weakest link, which is far from being Keane
Mina hasn't played enough to really have much idea of how he'll turn out long term Zouma...if we end up signing him will be a gamble down to Silva. But at least he has good all around pace.

I don't think Silva does, when has he been benched when both Mina and Zouma have been available ? He is first choice in Silvas plans, I'm sure of it.

I agree, he's been first choice all season, but it seems strange to me that some fans are saying "keep him as back up" rather than sell him for £50m.

I'd personally keep him and play him. I think he's gradually growing into the role after a pretty shaky start last season. This season has been far better.

I agree, he's been first choice all season, but it seems strange to me that some fans are saying "keep him as back up" rather than sell him for £50m.

I'd personally keep him and play him. I think he's gradually growing into the role after a pretty shaky start last season. This season has been far better.
I agree on this, not a chance we should sell for 50m, we have enough work to do on the squad in the summer without having to replace him. It wouldn't be so bad if both Mina and Zouma were solid but one isn't fit and one isn't ours.
Not for sale

I would actually rather keep him for that price. He's finally becoming consistently decent and that's not something we've had in a defender for a few years.

I don't mind keane, he's come on leaps and bounds this season,there is a good CB there, but he is definitely a confidence player.
I agree, I've really enjoyed his massive improvement over last season. I wish he was a little better in the air but to offset that, I have been impressed with his passing in releasing some of our attacking players. But for 50 million...I think it is an easy decision to let him go.

He is coming into his own. He has publicly stated that Everton feels good to him. I haven’t felt this optimistic about our centre backs since a younger Jags and a mobile Distin patrolled the area.

Sooner or later we have to stop selling our best players. We don’t need to sell Keane, so don’t. Price is irrelevant.

Imagine turning down £50mil for Michael Keane

lol

If you want rid of Walcott, Baines, Jags, McCarthy and Snides, then we REALLY need to keep Iceland and Keane.

The players with stars are our HG players, we need 8 HG players so we can name a full squad.

Anicio Caldeira Duarte, Bernard
Baines, Leighton John*
Browning, Tyias*
Charsley, Henry William James*
Coleman, Seamus
Digne, Lucas
Galloway, Brendan Joel Zibusiso*
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
Hewelt, Mateusz Tomasz*
Holgate, Mason Anthony*
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
McCarthy, James*
Mina Gonzalez, Yerry Fernando
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Tavares Gomes, Andre Filipe
Tosun, Cenk
Walcott, Theo James*
Zouma, Kurt Happy

Browning has already left, Hewelt is out of contract, so is Charsley, Baines and Jags are out of contract also, that leaves us 8 before sales.

Thats the problem we face.

So whilst it is quite laughable that anybody would turn down 50m for Keane, some consideration must go to the improvement hes made over the last 12months, his HG status and realistically the cost to replace him. Hes at a good age, lets be honest he cost us what is now considered a small amount of money.

Maybe if he wasnt HG I would more eager to cash in and maybe Brands would, if somebody did actually bid, im sure hes got a replacement lined up, but considering all the factors, I would probably turn it down.

If you want rid of Walcott, Baines, Jags, McCarthy and Snides, then we REALLY need to keep Iceland and Keane.

The players with stars are our HG players, we need 8 HG players so we can name a full squad.

Anicio Caldeira Duarte, Bernard
Baines, Leighton John*
Browning, Tyias*
Charsley, Henry William James*
Coleman, Seamus
Digne, Lucas
Galloway, Brendan Joel Zibusiso*
Gueye, Idrissa Gana
Hewelt, Mateusz Tomasz*
Holgate, Mason Anthony*
Jagielka, Philip Nikodem*
Keane, Michael Vincent*
McCarthy, James*
Mina Gonzalez, Yerry Fernando
Niasse, Baye Oumar
Pickford, Jordan Lee*
Schneiderlin, Morgan*
Sigurdsson, Gylfi Thor*
Stekelenburg, Maarten
Tavares Gomes, Andre Filipe
Tosun, Cenk
Walcott, Theo James*
Zouma, Kurt Happy

Browning has already left, Hewelt is out of contract, so is Charsley, Baines and Jags are out of contract also, that leaves us 8 before sales.

Thats the problem we face.

So whilst it is quite laughable that anybody would turn down 50m for Keane, some consideration must go to the improvement hes made over the last 12months, his HG status and realistically the cost to replace him. Hes at a good age, lets be honest he cost us what is now considered a small amount of money.

Maybe if he wasnt HG I would more eager to cash in and maybe Brands would, if somebody did actually bid, im sure hes got a replacement lined up, but considering all the factors, I would probably turn it down.

You dont 'need' to have 8 homegrown players.

Also how about Kenny and DCL?

You dont 'need' to have 8 homegrown players.

Also how about Kenny and DCL?

No, you dont need them, if your Chelsea or City and have an 18 man first team squad.

Yes DCL and JJK are old enough next season. It was only 1 factor. I recall us all being made up getting 50m for Stones and saying we could easily replace him.

I dunno, just dont think its as easy as take the money. Doubt we will get 50m bids either.

Status
Not open for further replies.