• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think from Brands comments its fair to see he'll be here next season however Its also fair to say he'll be expected to push on next season.

I fully expect us to finish the season 9/10th however I think anything less than 7th or possibly 8th with a good run in the cups next season and Moshiri/Brands will be getting twitchy especially if big money is spent this summer.

I think from Brands comments its fair to see he'll be here next season however Its also fair to say he'll be expected to push on next season.

I fully expect us to finish the season 9/10th however I think anything less than 7th or possibly 8th with a good run in the cups next season and Moshiri/Brands will be getting twitchy especially if big money is spent this summer.
They have got to you haven't they, you're thinking of flipping!

Sometimes I think that league position isn't necessarily the fairest way to judge someone. You can only control things within your own gift - the points total is probably a fairer way of judging someone as it reflects exactly how well you've done as a team. The league table is how well you've done relative to other clubs, and you can't control how well other teams do.

Last season, for example, we finished on 49 points but still got 8th place. We'd only previously had under 50 points twice since the catastrophic 03/04 season (Martinez season 2 and 3)

We've got 43 points currently. Regardless of how the league table looks, if we exceed 49 points this season (currently 43 with 6 games to go), I'd say we've been better than last season (albeit it doesn't look likely that we'll finish *much* better than what we had last season). Next season, regardless of where it places us, I'd hope we'd be getting to 60 points at least. That was about a par score under Moyes (he averaged 57 points per season), and I'd argue it's the next level we need to get to before we can think about challenging the top 6 - i.e. being consistently the "best of the rest", because we've effectively fallen below that over the last few years.

Sometimes I think that league position isn't necessarily the fairest way to judge someone. You can only control things within your own gift - the points total is probably a fairer way of judging someone as it reflects exactly how well you've done as a team. The league table is how well you've done relative to other clubs, and you can't control how well other teams do.

Last season, for example, we finished on 49 points but still got 8th place. We'd only previously had under 50 points twice since the catastrophic 03/04 season (Martinez season 2 and 3)

We've got 43 points currently. Regardless of how the league table looks, if we exceed 49 points this season (currently 43 with 6 games to go), I'd say we've been better than last season (albeit it doesn't look likely that we'll finish *much* better than what we had last season). Next season, regardless of where it places us, I'd hope we'd be getting to 60 points at least. That was about a par score under Moyes (he averaged 57 points per season), and I'd argue it's the next level we need to get to before we can think about challenging the top 6 - i.e. being consistently the "best of the rest", because we've effectively fallen below that over the last few years.

I just think as good as Wolves and Watford have been I think we would be a good 6+ points ahead if we were to play to our potential (West Ham)

Im hoping the money is there in the summer for a top notch CF and creative midfielder as its essential we push on next season.

Brands on Silva and giving him time.

“Definitely not to break everything up and bring everyone new in.

“I think one of the most important things in my job is to not get too emotional.

“I cannot change the result of Sunday, I can only change the future and if you want a bright future you can only do that step-by-step and have a decent plan.

“One of the most difficult things in my job is to find the right manager, that is one of the most important guys in the club and if you find him, give him the time.

“Give him the possibility to work and if the manager is fitting in the club, fitting with the culture, then make a plan, and go step-by-step.

“Sometimes you have to change the plan a little bit but I am not the guy – and have never done so – who changes the whole direction of the club.

“If you see now in England, 14 managers were sacked and how many clubs are playing that much differently or the results (are improved) – expect for Man United?

“That is an example of when things were going wrong and they took the right decision.”
“We had a lot of changes in the last three of four years but when the manager gets sacked, the club would bring a whole new staff. That is not good for a club,” Brands said.

“You have to create a pathway for talented people.”

I just think as good as Wolves and Watford have been I think we would be a good 6+ points ahead if we were to play to our potential (West Ham)

We'd be 7th ahead of both of those tin-pot clubs if we hadn't have had such a short shrift with referees this season.

Big decisions have gone against us at key times in games that we are well in this season.

Man Utd's penalty at Old Trafford, Arsenal's offside goal, Newcastle's offside goal, the goal disallowed for nothing against Spurs...

That's not even mentioning the horrendous luck we've had at different times like Pickford's mistake at Anfield and Baines giving away the penalty away at Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.