• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate we are 11th. Dont hate on me hate on our useless manager.
You could well be right and I’d say long term you are probably correct. I just think it’s premature to be nailing your colours to the mask and shoving Silva out down everyone’s throat is tedious and it’s the kind of modern football behaviour that plagues our club.

Patience is a virtue and he needs to be given proper time to see if it’s a workable situation. We have an inflated wage bill full of pish players and a very unbalanced squad.

Personally I’m ambient towards Silva I’m neither for or against but I believe he deserves time FYI it wasn’t until about of March of Martinez last season that I was Martinez out and I was 50/50 with KoemanBFS was a cretin his behaviour was my major gripe

You could well be right and I’d say long term you are probably correct. I just think it’s premature to be nailing your colours to the mask and shoving Silva out down everyone’s throat is tedious and it’s the kind of modern football behaviour that plagues our club.

Patience is a virtue and he needs to be given proper time to see if it’s a workable situation. We have an inflated wage bill full of pish players and a very unbalanced squad.

Personally I’m ambient towards Silva I’m neither for or against but I believe he deserves time FYI it wasn’t until about of March of Martinez last season that I was Martinez out and I was 50/50 with KoemanBFS was a cretin his behaviour was my major gripe

This a trillion times.

Well said mate. I’m no Marco Silva fan but I’ve said it enough times. And it serves no purpose banging on about it.

He has all my support though. He is our manager.

I can't blag myself to be optimistic about next season under Marco Silva.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see it.

He's out of his depth and the only reason he has the support he currently has is because "we can't keep sacking managers" and the mental scars from Koeman resulting in an Allardyce.

That, and we're fickle. The swing from 70% wanting him sacked on this thread poll to 45% since Chelsea tells you a lot.

He's out of his depth and the only reason he has the support he currently has is because "we can't keep sacking managers" and the mental scars from Koeman resulting in an Allardyce.

That, and we're fickle. The swing from 70% wanting him sacked on this thread poll to 45% since Chelsea tells you a lot.

....i’m pessimistic too, but I live in hope that Brands brings in one or two more and Silva falls into a system that works. There are times when i’ve thought we have something, even the first half at Newcastle was encouraging. We are tactically and organisationally naive, we are unable to see games out which is lots to do with Silva.

To add, you'd be hard pushed to find a manager in the league, currently in a job, who you could say has performed worse than him.

The only way he remains at Everton next season is if Moshiri has lost his appetite, or Marcel Brands can't secure a worthwhile replacement.

No way can Marcel Brands assess this season and think there was enough shown to give "the gamble" another shot - even if we conjure up a few decent results at Goodison over the next few weeks, the horse has long bolted on this season.

We shouldn't be benchmarking against Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, and even if we did - results wise, Marco Silva has performed worse.

Get rid*

* If Brands is capable of getting an actual decent manager in - one with some worthwhile credentials.

Pretty much shows you how badly the disastrous managerial appointments have affected the fanbase over the past few years. A draw against Liverpool and a win against a tumultuous Chelsea suddenly righting a myriad of wrongs.

I don’t rate him, I never have and for every Chelsea win you have about 5 results and performances like Newcastle, Southampton, Brighton etc.

Is that fickle though? Well I mean I suppose it is, but is it particularly fickle? If things aren't going well people will want the manager out, if they improve they won't. That's pretty standard, no? When Mirallas was scoring solo goals and giving Andre Wisdom nightmares nobody cared about his attitude, once the good performances dried up he became an absolute disgrace who was poisoning the entire dressing room. It's just how football works isn't it.

Is that fickle though? Well I mean I suppose it is, but is it particularly fickle? If things aren't going well people will want the manager out, if they improve they won't. That's pretty standard, no? When Mirallas was scoring solo goals and giving Andre Wisdom nightmares nobody cared about his attitude, once the good performances dried up he became an absolute disgrace who was poisoning the entire dressing room. It's just how football works isn't it.

To change your opinion so much on a manager from one game, yes - I'd say it is.

To change your opinion so much on a manager from one game, yes - I'd say it is.
Only if you keep flip flopping between the two I would say. I've advocated keeping him but I said quite openly that if he lost to Cardiff and Liverpool he might have to go. Getting 4 points is quite different from getting none though, so he got a stay of execution. The Chelsea game was another sign of moving in the right direction, so a lot of people will have decided he wasn't doing that badly that he should be sacked. The poll is very binary, should we sack him or not, and at this moment in time sacking him would seem harsh/pointless to me. If we finish 11th with another 7 games like have gone before then I'll be on the fence, lose all 7 and i'll want him out, win all 7 and i'll think he's the best thing since sliced bread. If the teams results don't affect your opinion of the manager, I'm not sure what would.

Only if you keep flip flopping between the two I would say. I've advocated keeping him but I said quite openly that if he lost to Cardiff and Liverpool he might have to go. Getting 4 points is quite different from getting none though, so he got a stay of execution. The Chelsea game was another sign of moving in the right direction, so a lot of people will have decided he wasn't doing that badly that he should be sacked. The poll is very binary, should we sack him or not, and at this moment in time sacking him would seem harsh/pointless to me. If we finish 11th with another 7 games like have gone before then I'll be on the fence, lose all 7 and i'll want him out, win all 7 and i'll think he's the best thing since sliced bread. If the teams results don't affect your opinion of the manager, I'm not sure what would.

As I say - it you're currently voting IN and we lose to West Ham and you change it to OUT then you're fickle.

Or course results influence but the 25% change in vote since Chelsea demonstrates just how fickle fans are.

I think any talk of replacing Silva when we're 4 points off 7th is incredibly harsh imo, I've definitely seen sparks of something cling on to for next season, He definitely deserves another season for me. If he produces that awful Christmas period again next season then he 100% has to go.
Some of the results have been terrible but have you seen how many mistakes our players have made this season or just not taking easy chances? I just can't blame Silva for everything that has gone wrong this season.

As I say - it you're currently voting IN and we lose to West Ham and you change it to OUT then you're fickle.

Or course results influence but the 25% change in vote since Chelsea demonstrates just how fickle fans are.
I mean, the fact we had a poll about whether we should sack him after about 15 games of his tenure probably tells you we're fickle without even needing to think about people changing their votes but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.