• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this.

But in an ideal world wouldn't it be better if we tried to keep this promising young players and built a team around them? They'd have ups and downs (like Lokman has this season) but ultimately it's the best chance of progressing and building a decent squad.
Yeah I should have made that clearer, if they can add to the squad then we should keep them.

I quite liked what I saw of Vlasic and would be happy to see him stay, I've not seen
enough of Onyekuru to know either way whether he has enough to make a difference for us but i'm more than willing to let the coaches make a decision on him. Lookman i'm not sure on if i'm honest. He's been here more than 2 years and has hardly done anything of note. Again though, if the coaches like him then get him in the side. I would be slightly concerned with him that if he doesn't do it next year his value will have absolutely plummeted, so if there are doubts we may be best cashing in while we can.

I would be astonished if there's any truth in the £35m stuff for Onyekuru, and even more so for Vlasic. If we got £35m for the pair I'd think it was great business. Lookman is a year closer to the end of his contract and a year older without progressing. I think £50m for the three would be a generous estimate of what we could realistically get to be honest.

It's funny really, I just don't see us selling at that price. Vlasic is a full international at the World Cup finalists and has been brilliant in the Champions League. I just cannot see us selling the 3 of them for anything other than a substantial mark up on what we paid.

Lets have it right, we have turned down over 20 million for Lookman already. It's hard to imagine us holding a lower valuation for either Onyekuru or Vlasic (given the calibre of teams being linked). If Bayern/PSG are generally interested in a player they are not going for sub 20 million. If people are offering 15-20 million they will be told to move along I am sure. That's not the end of the world for me either, as all 3 could be integrated into the squad.

Given people have already offered 20+ for Lookman, I can't see a world where we could only generously expect to receive borderline what we paid for Vlasic & Onyekuru. That's just me though.

It's funny really, I just don't see us selling at that price. Vlasic is a full international at the World Cup finalists and has been brilliant in the Champions League. I just cannot see us selling the 3 of them for anything other than a substantial mark up on what we paid.

Lets have it right, we have turned down over 20 million for Lookman already. It's hard to imagine us holding a lower valuation for either Onyekuru or Vlasic (given the calibre of teams being linked). If Bayern/PSG are generally interested in a player they are not going for sub 20 million. If people are offering 15-20 million they will be told to move along I am sure. That's not the end of the world for me either, as all 3 could be integrated into the squad.

Given people have already offered 20+ for Lookman, I can't see a world where we could only generously expect to receive borderline what we paid for Vlasic & Onyekuru. That's just me though.
I seen a link today from ian Doyle yes the red [Poor language removed] journalist. Saying about Liverpool selling fringe players. They want 12mil for Ryan Kent 12mil. And 12mil for a 21 yr old striker I’d never heard of, on loan in the Belgian league he’s got 7 in 8, was with Gent the first half of the season and didn’t score in 16.

Not saying they will get that, but it’s about time we started getting value for our young players. Considering Vlasic & Onyekuru both playing in stronger leagues imo and doing better.

Solanke is the overriding benchmark for all English players from here on out.

19M for him. Looky has to be worth 30M.

I seen a link today from ian Doyle yes the red [Poor language removed] journalist. Saying about Liverpool selling fringe players. They want 12mil for Ryan Kent 12mil. And 12mil for a 21 yr old striker I’d never heard of, on loan in the Belgian league he’s got 7 in 8, was with Gent the first half of the season and didn’t score in 16.

Not saying they will get that, but it’s about time we started getting value for our young players. Considering Vlasic & Onyekuru both playing in stronger leagues imo and doing better.

It's incredible isn't it mate. Kent is older than the lads mentioned and is struggling to make an impact in Scotland (having flopped in the championship). For our players you've had 1 who has been subject to a bid of in excess of 20 million (and our fee was a reported 28 million to sell) one who is widely linked to PSG/Bayern and is scoring 1 in 2 from a wide position and the third one who was one of the standout players in the champions league group stages and is now playing for the World Cup finalists. We place a value on them according to some on here of about 15 million a player.

I just can't see that. I can't see Brands thinking that. He has already publicly valued Lookman and Onyekuru at 65 million and I suspect Vlasic will be valued even higher than the other 2. I al also convinced we won't sell unless we get close to that figure (say upwards of 80% of that figure). You can see where a figure of 100 million for the 3 is realistic. Otherwise we won't sell.

Off one game against Soccer FC. No thanks.
Uh, no, off his entire La Liga season where he's one of the highest rated defenders in the league. Alaves is one of the best defenses in the league and they are in 5th.

But he looked poor against Mexico and great against the US.

I would be astonished if there's any truth in the £35m stuff for Onyekuru, and even more so for Vlasic. If we got £35m for the pair I'd think it was great business. Lookman is a year closer to the end of his contract and a year older without progressing. I think £50m for the three would be a generous estimate of what we could realistically get to be honest.
Then you simply don't sell them.

Onyenkuru maybe isn't a 35M player, but he's been productive in a league not known for youth. Vlasic, regardless of what some here say, has clearly been good in a league that ALSO doesn't usually give young players a chance. Lookman would go for at least 20M, regardless of his current form.

Alphoso Davies went to Bayern for 19M Euros, man. Big clubs will pay for young talent. If RBL was smart enough to take a run at him, others will take notice.

Koeman stitched him up and the club let him, better than any midfielder we have now, Gomes could end up better but needs to up his offensive game a lot.
If you aren't thrilled about his offensive game, what about his defensive game? Don't get me wrong, he's got the fouling thing down - pretty much leads the league in fouls per 90 minutes - but my concern is the poor defensive positioning and lack of athleticism. His offense is the least of our worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.