Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 18, he's taking the piss at that U18 level - what is it, 43 goals in 33 games? Why isn't he now a regular in the U23s?

If he's not in contention now with that record, then what's the point of that team/league?

I don't think they should have revamped the 'Reserves'.
Not 100% sure but I reckon Unsworth would rather win the league with his players than bed in the U18s this season. Simms has played probably less than 2 games worth of minutes for the U23s

Call me Mad but I'll leave it to the coaching staff when it comes to developing teenage players.

Has anyone ever actually seen Ellis Simms play? If so more than two or three times?

His stats are impressive but who here knows the difference between U18 and U23 football? It could be that the plan is to bring him into the U23 fold from this summer once his season in the U18s is finished.

Calm down.

Last edited:
Outrageous if that's the case.

What else can Ellis Simms prove at U18 level?
I'm not saying his is but the way he sets his teams out and the players he uses e.g. Sambou up top whose contract runs out in June and will probably be released, Galloway plays a lot and he is probably gone in the summer, Browning was playing a fair bit before we sold him. It just seems that he wants the title again for his CV.

33 appearances, 41 goals, okay under 18s - but!!!!!!!!!!!

The lad must have something our strikers have n't.
Yeah, hes a big lad playing amongst kids. 18 year olds taking the league by storm are few and far between.
By all means give him a run in the U23s and review every 6mths

17 year old Greenwood got a run out for Man Utd the other week vs Arsenal.

And against PSG in a must win game.

Think he could get a few appearances next season, maybe last day of the season if we cannot change position.

But as has been said on here before, no point rushing or overhyping him, he will be ready when he's ready

And against PSG in a must win game.

Think he could get a few appearances next season, maybe last day of the season if we cannot change position.

But as has been said on here before, no point rushing or overhyping him, he will be ready when he's ready

I've no clue whether Simms is any good but when/how can you answer that?

You can only beat what is in front of you.

Take Sambou, signed at 18 in 2016 for the U21s, he's been there 3 years, he's 21 now, contract up in June how long does it take at that level to draw a conclusion, before they're either given a go or moved along for the next?

I've no clue whether Simms is any good but when/how can you answer that?

Take Sambou, signed at 18 in 2016 for the U21s, he's been there 3 years, he's 21 now, contract up in June how long does it take at that level to draw a conclusion, before they're either given a go or moved along for the next?
That's why we employ coaches isn't it? To make those decisions. Obviously they may not always get them right, but it's literally why they're employed. We don't just have a public vote on every player to see what team they should be in or whether we should keep them.

When/how can you answer that?

I can't because I don't think I've ever seen him play. But I guess my point was that those who coach him every day and watch him every game will have a better understanding of when he will be ready.

His stats are unbelievable but I struggle to believe that he is being overlooked by the coaching staff. They must have some plan in place for his development over the next 12-18 months?

That's why we employ coaches isn't it? To make those decisions. Obviously they may not always get them right, but it's literally why they're employed. We don't just have a public vote on every player to see what team they should be in or whether we should keep them.

Perhaps we should close the Marco Silva thread then?

Or in fact, the entire forum because there's people there at the club, actual professionals running the club, literally the reason they're employed. Why debate it?

I can't because I don't think I've ever seen him play. But I guess my point was that those who coach him every day and watch him every game will have a better understanding of when he will be ready.

His stats are unbelievable but I struggle to believe that he is being overlooked by the coaching staff. They must have some plan in place for his development over the next 12-18 months?

Of course.

The U18s will also be miles away from U23s.

Status
Not open for further replies.