2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's why I said recently minus Newcastle

west ham? thats not an error leading to goal he passed it straight to them but there was a lot of play inbetween his pass and them scoring, that was bad defending all round

also as above, the leagues "best" keepers have made 1 or 2 mistakes less than him over a season

pickford is sound

An unforced error , under no pressure and it was not just the execution it was the choice of pass that worries me. He’s not sound , far from it, he’s a grade A tit that thinks he has to show everyone how far he can kick it and pints it to their gk or out of play 90% of the tome. He can’t catch, parries shots into danger areas , stays on his line when he shouldn’t and comes flying off it when he should stay. Saying that... you can add the Tottenham game to his list of goal costing mistakes, I forgot about that. He’s not sound at all, he’s a good shot stopper and seems to be a very good penalty saver , that’s it

An unforced error , under no pressure and it was not just the execution it was the choice of pass that worries me. He’s not sound , far from it, he’s a grade A tit that thinks he has to show everyone how far he can kick it and pints it to their gk or out of play 90% of the tome. He can’t catch, parries shots into danger areas , stays on his line when he shouldn’t and comes flying off it when he should stay. Saying that... you can add the Tottenham game to his list of goal costing mistakes, I forgot about that. He’s not sound at all, he’s a good shot stopper and seems to be a very good penalty saver , that’s it

Well I'm not arsed. go and suck Robles or something

He’s saying that his form shouldn’t be questioned , but he’s the go leading mistakes in the league and that’s just the ones he’s punished for. The fact that his kicking is crap and he walks around like a tit just adds to his problems and it does effect his form.

Again though...

If you're using "he’s the go leading mistakes in the league" as justification for attacking his form then it's only fair to add context to that.

He's made one more mistake leading to goals than Alisson and Leno, and two more than De Gea.

If you're using that line to criticise him, then Pickford would be right in saying criticism over his form has been OTT. Just one more mistake than Alisson but he's being so heavily criticised?

Fans on here attacking the below quotes;

"I don't know why people are questioning it so much," he said.

"I know I made an error against Newcastle and a couple of errors before that. You know yourself if you are doing well and I think my form shouldn't be getting questioned. Apart from the Newcastle game I've been on a good run.

"With Everton we've been very good, we are getting that mentality back and we're winning games as well. Personally I think it's getting questioned a bit too much, but let that be, I'm not bothered anyway.

Again, what else do you want him to say?

Wallow in self pity, cry himself to sleep?

And yet despite all of these failings that you identify the hugely well respected England coach seems him worthy of number 1shirt for England ... makes you think

Again though...

If you're using "he’s the go leading mistakes in the league" as justification for attacking his form then it's only fair to add context to that.

He's made one more mistake leading to goals than Alisson and Leno, and two more than De Gea.

If you're using that line to criticise him, then Pickford would be right in saying criticism over his form has been OTT. Just one more mistake than Alisson but he's being so heavily criticised?

Fans on here attacking the below quotes;

Again, what else do you want him to say?

Wallow in self pity, cry himself to sleep?

Could have said a hundred things ,

I am young and am learning

I know that I have made mistakes and am working hard on improving

I have really looked at myself and believe I can improve

Anything but

I’m doing well ( which he isn’t)

I don’t think my form should be questioned, again he can’t really be surprised if hes no 1 in mistakes.

And the reason it’s getting questioned “”so much “ is because he drew attention to himself by completely losing it against Newcastle , making it a massive talking point.

You mention. He’s made only two more mistakes leading to goals than de gea , you could say that , or you could also say he’s made double the amount , or 100% more mistakes. His kicking is bad too Allison may have made 3 errors but is he acting like a melt? Is he kicking the ball into the stands with half his kicks, is he letting the opposition fans get to him and throw away games like at st James park? No is the answer

Anything but

I don’t think my form should be questioned, again he can’t really be surprised if hes no 1 in mistakes.

And the reason it’s getting questioned “”so much “ is because he drew attention to himself by completely losing it against Newcastle , making it a massive talking point.

You mention. He’s made only two more mistakes leading to goals than de gea , you could say that , or you could also say he’s made double the amount , or 100% more mistakes. His kicking is bad too Allison may have made 3 errors but is he acting like a melt? Is he kicking the ball into the stands with half his kicks, is he letting the opposition fans get to him and throw away games like at st James park? No is the answer

Well said.

Anything but

In the same interview;

“It is about me becoming better as a goalkeeper, it’s not about the criticism I’m getting, it’s about how I can go to training and what I can do in training to become better for game day.

“I have done it in the game (made mistakes against Newcastle), so I don’t mind watching it back.

“I know if it’s a goalkeeping error or a misjudgement, I know what type of error it is after I have watched it back again.

“Sometimes you don’t need telling or looking at it again if you know you have made that error, it’s about knowing how to improve and knowing how to then cancel those errors out.”

Who mentioned Robles? This gk is on top money and cost us 30m and he’s making errors , costing us points and strutting around after trowimg away a 2-0 lead , laughing , pulling faces and acting like a tit

Nar I just couldn't be arsee having the same arguement pal. Said before I get why people don't like him but I think he's alrite me. Has his moments but so do most keepers. If he keeps up the form he's show kn recent matches again minus Newcastle he won't be a problem

Hopefully Marco had a word after that game and told him to stop being a blurt

He is a good shot stopper, but that's about it. How many times does he hit the ball out of play, due to his height and arm reach struggles with balls in the box.
With var next season he could really struggle against taller centre backs on set pieces

His reactions and shot stopping are what's saving him here. Every 5 games or so makes a mistake. He has been up and down since he came here. As a keeper you need consistency, if the keeper makes mistakes the defenders start to get nervy aswell.

Nar I just couldn't be arsee having the same arguement pal. Said before I get why people don't like him but I think he's alrite me. Has his moments but so do most keepers. If he keeps up the form he's show kn recent matches again minus Newcastle he won't be a problem

Hopefully Marco had a word after that game and told him to stop being a blurt

Ahh ok mate fair enough

He is as good as his next mistake for which he will be crucified by those sharpening their knives in eager anticipation.
Everton fans often look forward to our players making mistakes, odd fans like that. The one I find funny is when a player has an average game but makes no serious mistakes, but someone decided before the game he was poor and crucified them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.