2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above said, I wouldn't mind us never negotiating with Barca about anythin ever again if it means we don't hear from this donut
Agreed, except he won't be sold for that little. As I have posted before, the player does not have the leverage here with a contract until 2021. If he isn't sold at a fee Barcelona are happy with, he'll go on a loan elsewhere or return

He might not want a perm. Anyone got a clue on his domestic situation? Like if he has a family, did he bring them over, or are they still enjoying life in Spain?

Just a thought.

He might not want a perm. Anyone got a clue on his domestic situation? Like if he has a family, did he bring them over, or are they still enjoying life in Spain?

Just a thought.
He seemed to be very grateful/complementary in his interview on footy focus on Saturday. Hope a decision is made early, either way.

Was a price quoted earlier this season but then something came out saying they want their fee back - which I think is about 35.

Not happening at that price. 25/30 and it’ll be done.
Might be after a Digne-tax if it's 35

Need big Yerrald to do his best Coates impression for the rest of the season to even it out

They paid 55m euros.

They paid 35M with add ons to 20M to be clear.

And look, Gomes might be a solid 10 or more of a deep lying playmaker and fit PERFECTLY in a Silva 4-3-3 with either a true 6 or a double pivot, but I don't think him and Siggy in the same side works very well.

Almost certain Sunday destroyed that myth.
When we got completely smoked in the first half? I like Gomes, I do. But he contributes ZERO defensively. He constantly gets bypassed, rarely makes a tackle or an interception, and constantly fouls, which isn't the best idea with our set piece defense - thankfully, Sarri is too stubborn to actually run a set piece. I love what he brings with the ball - great dribbler, protects the ball, had a couple great shots, which was good to see, but come on. There's a reason Silva subbed him out - he was almost guaranteed to get a second yellow the way he plays defense - or doesn't play defense. In addition, Silva was fine to concede some possession at that point and well, if we don't have the ball, Gomes is pretty much worthless.

Again, I'm all for signing him if he's cheap, he is quality on the ball, but he's a massive liability without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.