New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm very confident we would not be this far along the process if Mr Moshiri (& his mate) did not have the funding sorted.
They even back heeled the offer from the council , this suggests to me they already have this in hand maybe at better rates.
Talking hypothetically, they may have an amount of capital that they have / can borrow, but it has to equate to the actual build cost of any stadium.

What you can get for the ballpark figure of £500m (I expect it'll be closer to the £400m mark) depends on a variety of factors - building on a dock being one.

Personally, I'd hazard a guess that rising costs compared to the amount of capital we can spend is a reason for lower capacity and scaling back of plans...

... rather than an actual lack of ambition. Unfortunately, we're not a club that can go out and spend huge sums like other clubs could perhaps do.

I'm very confident we would not be this far along the process if Mr Moshiri (& his mate) did not have the funding sorted.
They even back heeled the offer fro

That's a good point. To go so far down the route of getting the council funding and then go another direction does suggest they have found the money they need at the price they want?

Last time i asked there was 0 funding as yet secured.

The club are in talks with a number of partially interested parties but none are going to put the money up front for this.

The frustrating thing is that while the plans for building a ground in what, at the moment, is a river is hugely ambitious, it means the actual build, if it ever does happen, will be massively underwhelming purely down to cost. Prime location? Second rate build.

My view has always been that we should look elsewhere.

The club are in talks with a number of partially interested parties but none are going to put the money up front for this.

The frustrating thing is that while the plans for building a ground in what, at the moment, is a river is hugely ambitious, it means the actual build, if it ever does happen, will be massively underwhelming purely down to cost. Prime location? Second rate build.

Gee I wonder why that is?

The prime location, second rate build is the concern for me as well....expect we will be kept in the dark to the last then the echo will be doing a heavy PR job on behalf of the club.

Thankfully your view means absolutely Zilch.

You mean look elsewhere for funding? we have the best location possible, if we cant secure funding there we have no chance.
For what its worth i fully expect a second rate build, which will still be better then most Premier League grounds

Who did you ask about the funding ?

I doubt that the club will give you confidential information like that.

Thats it then,radiostar with inside info,East lancs road here we come,while your here mate can you give some insight on the Maddie case?

Just waiting for the

"Due to Brexit and the uncertainty surrounding the construction industry, BMD has been put on hold until further notice, in the meantime feel free to fill in our survey which will commence in the following months, dates for this will be published closer to the time".
You wish......#obsessed