New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just waiting for the

"Due to Brexit and the uncertainty surrounding the construction industry, BMD has been put on hold until further notice, in the meantime feel free to fill in our survey which will commence in the following months, dates for this will be published closer to the time".

Don't put all your eggs in one basket - Everton that.
It is was it is mate.

There is no plan B.

Full on , very experienced business men leading this one .
Massive amount of work gone into this plus a large chunk of cash.Moshiri (& his mate) dont waste vast amounts of time & money on non starters.
Key to all this to me is Peel's & LCC being heavily involved and WHS being satisfied.
The only thing to stop this would be planning permission and that looks like seeing the scaling back of capacity , stadium size etc have been consulted on.

Get used to it mate....it is happening.

Does anyone know if the Goodison Granites will make the short journey to the new stadium? If not, what will be done with them?
I personally think it's a nice piece of history to take along, as there are many as memorials to fans no longer with us.
Also I have one myself.
I've got one as well. The DD statue will be moving I guess but the granites could possibly stay somewhere around Goodison when it's redeveloped as a park ? I don't really mind.

It is was it is mate.

There is no plan B.

Full on , very experienced business men leading this one .
Massive amount of work gone into this plus a large chunk of cash.Moshiri (& his mate) dont waste vast amounts of time & money on non starters.
Key to all this to me is Peel's & LCC being heavily involved and WHS being satisfied.
The only thing to stop this would be planning permission and that looks like seeing the scaling back of capacity , stadium size etc have been consulted on.

Get used to it mate....it is happening.
OK, OK, I'm convinced, I always was, (check)
But you have to admit that phrases like...all the eggs in the BDM basket...no Plan B, might not fill everybody with confidence.
And as yet there's still finance and planning permission hoops to jump through.
I would hope somewhere along the process there will be a positive tipping point and others will jump in with their own complementary projects and the whole project starts sucking in investor cash.

Always concerned when a club chooses to hold back designs for a very long time from the fans perspective.

At the moment, I am pursued to think that business returns will be satisfactory for the owner but not necessarily equal to the potential customer or fan experience based on a hundred year opportunity !

We await the formal released designs from the club.

This is a huge project costing half a billion pounds or more.
Once the project start building there is no going back so it is vital that there is certainty about as many areas of the build as possible.

Spurs have built a wonderful stadium, it seems, but there certainly are teething problems are there are cost overruns.

If Daniel Levy knew the real cost of the building when he started and also the design and construction problems I wonder if Spurs would have the same stadium today ?

OK, OK, I'm convinced, I always was, (check)
But you have to admit that phrases like...all the eggs in the BDM basket...no Plan B, might not fill everybody with confidence.
And as yet there's still finance and planning permission hoops to jump through.
I would hope somewhere along the process there will be a positive tipping point and others will jump in with their own complementary projects and the whole project starts sucking in investor cash.
I'm very confident we would not be this far along the process if Mr Moshiri (& his mate) did not have the funding sorted.
They even back heeled the offer from the council , this suggests to me they already have this in hand maybe at better rates.

It may seem like its taking time but there are constraints and conditions to be satisfied with a project this big.
Sit back for now , let the process run its course I'm sure we'll all have a clearer picture in due course.

I'm very confident we would not be this far along the process if Mr Moshiri (& his mate) did not have the funding sorted.
They even back heeled the offer from the council , this suggests to me they already have this in hand maybe at better rates.

It may seem like its taking time but there are constraints and conditions to be satisfied with a project this big.
Sit back for now , let the process run its course I'm sure we'll all have a clearer picture in due course.
Sit back and chill it is then

Just waiting for the

"Due to Brexit and the uncertainty surrounding the construction industry, BMD has been put on hold until further notice, in the meantime feel free to fill in our survey which will commence in the following months, dates for this will be published closer to the time".
I bet you are Havrey, my fellow blue chum.