• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason why Sam Allardyce was never going to be kept on.

There's levels. You can't excuse everything under 'transitional' or 'we can't keep changing managers'

You have to believe/see a bigger picture, more so with the exception of any real worthwhile credentials.

The season has been terrible even by the lowest of standards.
It has been hugely disappointing and even more so when you think that we could have another ten to fifteen points in the bag without doing a whole lot different.

The plus points are that our young players have gained more experience and that the signings from last summer have generally been very good, that at least gives us cause for some optimism.

It has been hugely disappointing and even more so when you think that we could have another ten to fifteen points in the bag without doing a whole lot different.

The plus points are that our young players have gained more experience and that the signings from last summer have generally been very good, that at least gives us cause for some optimism.

Bit of a double edged sword - I mentioned how six who started vs Newcastle who started were Silva signings.

It's not like we can roll out the "it's not his team" line.

Bit of a double edged sword - I mentioned how six who started vs Newcastle who started were Silva signings.

I wouldn't agree. He is still relying on parts and back ups that I'm sure neither he nor we want to see around the squad anymore or at least used as much as they have been. I think the line is still a fair enough explanation for the inconsistency we see.

It took Kendall until his 3rd season to hit a decent run of form, culminating in lifting the cup. The rest is history, but prior to the 'Kevin Brock' moment, the board were under huge pressure to sack him. I'm not comparing Silva to Kendall by the way, but cleaning up the mess he inherited isn't going to be cured in one season.

Did you afford Martinez, Koeman or Allardyce that same excuse?

First two yes. Martinez I gave plenty of time to and Koeman even though I didn't want him from day one I was resigned to a 3yr stint and was happy enough with the 1st season and surprised he tanked as badly as he did.

The 3rd should never have been allowed set foot near the club.

There's a reason why Sam Allardyce was never going to be kept on.

There's levels. You can't excuse everything under 'transitional' or 'we can't keep changing managers'

You have to believe/see a bigger picture, more so with the exception of any real worthwhile credentials.

The season has been terrible even by the lowest of standards.
No I agree with that (although I genuinely don’t think the season has been that bad personally).

What I’m talking about is people say yeah transition is fine without really thinking about what that means. I said before the season started that I don’t like the idea of saying ‘give them a transitional season’ because this is exactly what they’re like. If you said you’d give him a transitional season you can’t say he’s not doing well enough because we’re 4 points off or whatever off where you think we should be. If you think we’re 10 points off where we should be then you weren’t really accepting a transitional season to begin with because that would be a massive improvement.

I think Silva certainly wants a commanding box to box midfielder a striker with real pace in particular and I think they may be his priority signings. A couple of players in key positions could make a big difference to most teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.