• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll has swung 20% in his favour since Chelsea.

Football fans eh? We're a fickle bunch.

In fact the poll has swung about 10% 2 days before the Chelsea game. Not sure how accurate a poll is. This isn’t act like a stick to beat the manager btw. If he can do this week in week out, in other words, at a consistent basis no fans will complain. Say if things starting to improve we got to beat West Ham next.

Poll has swung 20% in his favour since Chelsea.

Football fans eh? We're a fickle bunch.

Bizarrely Martinez maintained ok approval ratings even after two back to back seasons of bottom half finishes and turgid football. Koeman lost all fan backing after a couple of months on the back of a decent season. Allardyce never had it from the second he arrived. Silva seems to have been on a watching brief from the moment he arrived despite arguably having a better pedigree than Martinez or Moyes had when he arrived. There’s just no predicting this fan base.

For my own tuppence worth I think Silva has reacted well to the fan pressure and has worked on turning things around. He’s fronted up to the media when needed to and managed to dig results out every time we get close to a meltdown. There’s something to be said for that.

Granted it’s been inconsistent and frustrating at times
We should have coasted the game against Newcastle
As I said in an earlier post Silvas ability to organise a defence still worries me and his game management needs to dramatically improve but we knew that when he signed.
He knows this is his last shot at the big time , if he messes up here I doubt he will get a big job again
Most of us knew that in a transition season results and performances would be inconsistent, but at this stage of the season I would expect to see some consistency emerge
It has improved over the last 4 matches with just 2 poor 45 min spells in those games but when it’s bad it’s very bad
Playing the same 11 over the next 7 games should help.
If Zouma is a possibility for a permanent transfer maybe him and Mina together should be tried otherwise the same 11 and see how we go
Bernard seems to have settled ( apart from goalscoring ) and as was mentioned the front 7 seems to be settled so play them and see what needs to be fixed
We all have different opinions about him,for me we couldn't close out the early season games at Wolves and Bournemouth and now as the season comes to a close,Newcastle points to a problem he just can't solve.

We all have different opinions about him,for me we couldn't close out the early season games at Wolves and Bournemouth and now as the season comes to a close,Newcastle points to a problem he just can't solve.

Given we played Bournemouth and Wolves with ten men they arguably look like good points despite us throwing them away. Remember as well that Bournemouth should never have had a penalty in that game and both red cards were unjust.

When you're using a drawn game against a team above us, away, in which we had to play more than half the game with 10 men, as a stick to beat the manager with, it's probably fair to say you're not giving him a fair crack of the whip.

I wish I could see the poll but I don't vote in this one on principle. It's not like it will change anything and it's probably a better question to ask from next season.

Are you positive or negative over Silva and be able to change the vote... then I'd get involved.

I don,t believe that "transition" is interchangeable with going backwards (from a results perspective but as I have repeated on many occasions until the club actually spells out the club performance targets every season..then we are all being kept in the dark,
Well they're never going to come out and publicly state the league position they expect us to finish in are they? That would be crazy.

I've said it before but people's idea of transition is laughable. People love to say they'll accept transition but they hate the reality of it. There was a post on here yesterday saying that transition and inconsistency was fine, as long as it was the sort of inconsistency that saw us get 70 odd points and only lose 6 games all season. That's never happening. Other people would seemingly accept transition which meant that we finished 10th as long as we played beautiful football every game and only dropped points due to bad luck and poor refereeing. Again, it's fanciful stuff. Real transitional seasons involve the manager trying to work out who he likes and who he doesn't, trying out people in different positions and different formations which might fail badly, players falling out with the manager because they don't like his methods or they feel like they're not getting the games they deserve, and previous regulars in the side being phased out and other people needing to step up to the plate. It's not often just a nice seamless change with the occasional hiccup which is what some people to expect, it's a process which usually involves getting worse before you get better.

Well they're never going to come out and publicly state the league position they expect us to finish in are they? That would be crazy.

I've said it before but people's idea of transition is laughable. People love to say they'll accept transition but they hate the reality of it. There was a post on here yesterday saying that transition and inconsistency was fine, as long as it was the sort of inconsistency that saw us get 70 odd points and only lose 6 games all season. That's never happening. Other people would seemingly accept transition which meant that we finished 10th as long as we played beautiful football every game and only dropped points due to bad luck and poor refereeing. Again, it's fanciful stuff. Real transitional seasons involve the manager trying to work out who he likes and who he doesn't, trying out people in different positions and different formations which might fail badly, players falling out with the manager because they don't like his methods or they feel like they're not getting the games they deserve, and previous regulars in the side being phased out and other people needing to step up to the plate. It's not often just a nice seamless change with the occasional hiccup which is what some people to expect, it's a process which usually involves getting worse before you get better.

Stands and applauds.

I wish I could see the poll but I don't vote in this one on principle. It's not like it will change anything and it's probably a better question to ask from next season.

Are you positive or negative over Silva and be able to change the vote... then I'd get involved.

What a nonsense.

"Why vote in a poll that wont make any difference"
and then "I'd only vote if you changed the semantics"

And you can already change the vote.

Let’s be 100% clear and honest here, it’s only for poor finishing and bad luck that we weren’t on the receiving end of being well behind at the half time interval on Sunday.

That first half performance was absolutely dire and equally as bad as some of the other dross served up in particular in home games against Leicester, Wolves, Huddersfield and Bournemouth for the majority of the first half.

Yes there was redemption in the second half performance, but Christ it needed it!

If he can’t get the players to gel and turn in coherent and more consistent football than he has done so far, then his reign here will be a lot shorter than expected.

There's a reason why Sam Allardyce was never going to be kept on.

There's levels. You can't excuse everything under 'transitional' or 'we can't keep changing managers'

You have to believe/see a bigger picture, more so with the exception of any real worthwhile credentials.

The season has been terrible even by the lowest of standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.