• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Having aspirations are 1 thing, but deluding yourself that we are a big club is another.

You see I aspire to be a big club, again, you seem to think we already are 1.

I demand the same as you, I want us winning trinkets, again.

I just dont think we are there yet.

We are not on the level of a top 6 side however I still think their is an invisible line in between 7th (us) and the rest.

Clubs like Wolves, Southampton, Stoke, West Ham come and go but we always seem to maintain around that level. Add in the new ground, financial spending power and fanbase I could never lump us in with the likes of Watford and Bournemouth.

The problem is there is no winning mentality. Moshiri I'll forever loathe for that 'expected loss' comment because that basically said "lads your not good enough to compete against certain sides" whilst that maybe is true if your line manager said that to you in work how the hell do you stay motivated in the work place if your someone who genuinely wants to achieve anything?

Thats why I dont buy into the "anything but relegation and the manager is safe" line and why I disagree with alot of fans on here - im all for transition however their is a difference between transition and underachieving and I think thats a line thats blurred within our fanbase.

Amazing how people are differently preoccupied at halftime. There was I freezing to death and wondering how we might survive the 2nd half, while you were peering into the distant future about probable relegation. Seriously, relegation very rarely figures in our calculations unlike many other clubs (we did skate close twice a few decades ago). We have only been relegated twice in 141 years. Arsenal have never been relegated since WWI, apart from that we are unique in that respect. Rest easy, we might face more tough times ahead but defo not relegation. Some on this forum were pretending to believe we might go down this season. There are always some.
That's why I pay extra for the Top Balc. It's a hell of a view.

Since Moshiri came in, only Chelsea and the Manchester clubs have spent more, we didnt do that for middle table

An interesting point is that Moshiri will be at a crossroads at some point sooner rather than later:

1. If he stops spending- fans will moan as they are used to seeing us spend

2. He'll likely only spend if there is chance of us qualifying for europe

Either way at some point the club will either have to decide if they spend money and compete for europe or not spend and aim for 10/11th every season with the odd shock season or cup run.

An interesting point is that Moshiri will be at a crossroads at some point sooner rather than later:

1. If he stops spending- fans will moan as they are used to seeing us spend

2. He'll likely only spend if there is chance of us qualifying for europe

Either way at some point the club will either have to decide if they spend money and compete for europe or not spend and aim for 10/11th every season with the odd shock season or cup run.
I think Moshiri and Brands have already fairly well set out our future strategy. It seems it is to scout and sign young players when their their price and wage demands are relatively low.
At the same time to grow the business side of the club to enhance our finances further.
Like all clubs nowadays we need to stay within the financial limits imposed by ,and increasingly enforced, by the footballing authorities.
It may be frustratingly slow but it will hopefully be a sustainable improvement of our position within the game.
Before all that can fully commence we urgently need to tackle our horrendously bloated wage bill.
Restoring our club to the elite position we once occupied will not be a quick fix, but nor should we expect it to be after 30 years in the mid-table wilderness.

Status
Not open for further replies.