Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day.

Today Everton sent the first team coach (bus) to collect my dad and of his sons (me too) and one grandson to take us to the game in celebration of his 90th Birthday. On the coach we had Peter Reid, Graeme Sharpe and Ian Snodin. All was filmed with interviews, so i could be on the next social media release. They presented Dad with a free season ticket for next year. Sometimes our club is just wonderful, today it was wonderful on and off the field. And Reidy - what a guy!

I voted Richarlison as MOTM, he managed Hazard really well.

Brilliant, I’m really pleased for you and your dad......

What a day.

Today Everton sent the first team coach (bus) to collect my dad and of his sons (me too) and one grandson to take us to the game in celebration of his 90th Birthday. On the coach we had Peter Reid, Graeme Sharpe and Ian Snodin. All was filmed with interviews, so i could be on the next social media release. They presented Dad with a free season ticket for next year. Sometimes our club is just wonderful, today it was wonderful on and off the field. And Reidy - what a guy!

I voted Richarlison as MOTM, he managed Hazard really well.
Wow, that is amazing.

I thought that was funny, tbf

All it showed was that he's weak mentaly, like when he was here.

Walk off, clap your fans and thats it, you've got through constant abuse while putting in an ok performance first half. Nope, loses his head and does that.

Big boost which we all needed after last week. We might end up with 48 points wherever that takes us. Good play all over the pitch 2nd half. Bloody freezing but who cared? The crowd were great. Anyone notice the early leavers behind the Park End goal? When VAR comes in next season the games will be stretched by an extra 15 -20 minutes, so the early leavers who can't stay even for 90 mins could miss a half hour each game.

Watched it on my cell. Life begins at 40 pts!

We were really good in the 2nd half, got a bit of good fortune w/ the pen save which is what we really needed.

Didn't notice anything different tactically, we seem to be decent when our players give it their all though. Chelsea looked like they just didn't want to be there in the 2nd half and/or fatigued.

Pickford MOM. Yes he has a substandard season and was probably not our best player, but our D hasn't really made it easy him this year so just trying to send a few positive vibes his way.

I thought Barkley was the best. He tried a cross which ended in a miskick, but immediately before that, he used a bit of skill to beat a defender that
only Bergkamp could do.

For me it's between Gana and DCL - thought both had a great game today -full of running, good hold up play and good pressing, especially second half. Went for DCL in the end. Whatever was said at half time, it certainly did the trick, it was like watching 2 completely different teams.
Shoutouts to Pickford for a couple of great saves and it was brilliant to see snippets of the old Seamus playing as he used to.
Loved the banner of the former Everton players - they really are trying to get a great atmosphere back at Goodison - thought the atmosphere lifted tremendously after out first goal.

I usually come in here to moan, but the second half today we were brilliant. I feared for us after the first 15 minutes or so of the match, but somehow we rode that storm.coleman was very good today as was Gueye they were my top picks today but the rest of the lads did well. I still think sigs needs to offer more. But today was a good day for Silva but seriously it has to start here and be consistent, but it’s a start. For me the jury is still out on Silva but at least today he showed a little of what he is capable of as the team as a whole did.coyb.

Great second half performance... during the first half I've have bitten your hand off had you offered me a 0-0 result then; at that point, it looked like a routine defeat if ever I saw one. Nice to get a clean sheet and just see a game out properly. Let's get Siggy off pens, though... if Baines isn't playing, surely Digne is worth a try? Seems pretty handy with the dead ball. Anyway, just when I couldn't see where the next win was coming from, one pops up today. And great to see Barkley enjoying his reception at Goodison :p

Does anyone else try to pick a player to vote for MOTM so they can be the only one who voted for that player?

Status
Not open for further replies.