2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....I don’t think anybody is saying we don’t need a top striker.

Well I dont see any redeeming quality to Calvert Lewin other than he puts 90 minutes in. We have nothing players up front and wide for us: Bernard, DCL, Walcott...none of them have cutting edge...throw Lookman in there most of the time too.

We need, in all honesty, two new forwards worthy of being called forwards.

.....I guarantee his teammates appreciate what he does.
I'm sure they do...because it's all hands to the pump aganinst teams like Chelsea who stretch you.

That said, he's not a striker, and I judge strikers on more than perspiration.

Very good performance from him today, and he's now starting to contribute a lot more frequently.

There are aspects of his game that annoy me greatly, one being that he's extremely limited as a footballer. But he is now looking like our main option, with the squad we have got so can only judge him on how he can perform with the ability he has. He is never going to technically be a top striker or score a load of goals. He simply isn't good enough to do it. But he can cause the opposition problems at times and I think he did that today.

Probably took a good header off Minas head first half but good header for the opener. Some good little bits of link up. He’s a grafter, never going to be a 15-20 a season goal player but will get his hands dirty.

I think he needs to keep his place in the side until the end of the season.

We basically have a free hit now so best to develop him as much as we can.

If he can finish on 10 to 12 goals that'd be great.

He would be ideal if we had a striker who could score and do 70 minutes with Dominic coming on for the last 20. He is better than any other striker we have!

I'm sure they do...because it's all hands to the pump aganinst teams like Chelsea who stretch you.

Hes 22 Dave, he needs about another 5-10kg of muscle and he will be a beast. I'd love if we could play a 2nd striker along him. He's gonna give centrehalves nightmares.

.....the first sentence is right, but it’s not just about running around. Tosun runs around a lot. I know you don’t see it, but it takes real physicality to mix it with top CBs in this league. As they highlighted on TV, Luiz couldn’t compete with him for the first goal. There was a moment in the 2nd half on the halfway line when he killed a ball perfectly on his chest and laid it off. That was a ‘that’ll do moment for me”.

Status
Not open for further replies.