• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree . It was a calculated sit back in the first half, exactly what we did to that lot, the game plan over 2 matches is crystal clear. Absorb and drain thier confidence, conserve energy and then have a proper go at them in the second half.
We are build to counter, nothing else will achieve anything meaningful with the players we have. I said we will perform well before the start of the game and it’s not difficult to predict as we are best when we sit back and counter, against better teams.
Maybe. But they swamped us a little too much today. That said, it came in two ten minute spells in the half and the rest of it was comfortable, if uninspiring.

Sarri saying that was Chelsea's best first half of the season.

The fact they didn't build on it second half is a credit to Silva.

He knows how to mix it with top coaches.

The sooner we get top players back in this club the better, because this feller will know how to use them.

Exactly Dave.

New right back
New midfield
A top Centre Forward

He needs backing from Moshiri with transfer money and Brands to get rid of players and bring in suitable targets.

Going to be a top top manager in a couple of seasons.

Exactly Dave.

New right back
New midfield
A top Centre Forward

He needs backing from Moshiri with transfer money and Brands to get rid of players and bring in suitable targets.

...that's the bit I'm worried about if money for incoming players depends on it.

Sarri saying that was Chelsea's best first half of the season.

The fact they didn't build on it second half is a credit to Silva.

He knows how to mix it with top coaches.

The sooner we get top players back in this club the better, because this feller will know how to use them.

Well said D

Exactly Dave.

New right back
New midfield
A top Centre Forward

Top manager? You are getting carried away mate. He can’t even bring the best out of the team in a consistent basis. I know we win Chelsea today but please, top manager is just embarrassing.

Just give him a break. Yeah, it's frustrating this season but he came in with so much change going on everywhere within the club , this squad has good players but no balance. Easy to say we need this, we need that but overall it's a team game and I reckon he will strike that balance but not with the players he has now.

Lads, he got 3 points off a team that plays the same 433 formation come sun, rain or snow. Substitutions are like for like and Bournemouth hammered them 4-0.

While it’s nice actually beating a top 6 team (seeing how long it’s been), we have not carved apart Spurs or City and could have been 2 or 3 down inside 20 minutes.

I'm just glad we got that horror run against the top 6 off our backs. 26 games or something. Thank goodness.

We played really well second half. Yes these aren't a top team but they just won a European knockout tie about 8 nil on aggregate. They aren't awful.

...that's the bit I'm worried about if money for incoming players depends on it.

Its for the wages Dave, we have limits.

The issue we have is that even if we offer some players for peanuts they wont get a move as their wages are so high.

Bolasie, Walcott, Schneiderlin to name but 3 are all on circa £100k a week. Other clubs would have to amend their wage structure.

Also even if we pay a % of the wages to enable teams to take them on e.g Anderlecht for Bolasie, Southampton for Walcott and Marseille for Schneiderlin we then dont see much of a reduction off our books for wages.

It actually makes sense in some cases to just loan them out as its preferable accounting wise to cover the new rules on budgets.

The Moshiri quotes about spending big on transfers but lower wages make perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.