Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
a ciotog is a left footer person in Gaelic, no shame at all in it.

At a first football training with a new team, remember the trainer asking me was I a ciotog.

He soon learned that I was s double ciotog.

I’m half , mums prod and I was born in Belfast so I guess I’m classed as one dispite not being religious at all

He wouldnt get a work permit this Summer either Zatmania.

Its a moot point, I doubt Steve Walsh even knew where Brazil was, with Brands here hopefully we see a few more south americans come in.

But the whole Henry charade highlights why English clubs tend to "ignore" the South American and uncapped African market, its a nightmare regarding work permits.

I think he would have gotten one as there would be special dispensation taken into account including a possible wage increase if he returned from loan which goes towards the permit.

I think the weirdest situation ive seen was with Peneranda (sp) who Watford signed and loaned to their sister club and only got a permit last Nov I think...

In all seriousness I think the French and German leagues are two interesting specimens following the Leipzig model...

I suspect he’s always had dreams of a move to a Real Madrid type club so yes, moving directly to Porto is more appealing than faffing around with us and a possible loan.

Depends if he truly believed he would only be at porto for 1 season then onto madrid...

Maybe I'm the only one but the two times I've watched Militao I haven't been hugely impressed

I only heard of him after Nymzee mentioned him in a post at the start of the season I think...he looked to me like a player who had a huge amount of attributes.

I liked Mina before we signed him but may have been swayed due to reading about him when barca were first linked a couple of years back...he seems to have a lot of positive attributes that suit our league. However, he's not been fit or had a run of games and I think although hes on a long term deal we really should be expecting a lot more from him.

As @bicycleheader posted, I wouldn't even be bothered if we punted all our centre backs and brought new ones in. Perhaps 1 youth prospect as 4th choice (Feeney) a young but first team experienced 3rd choice (Holgate) and go out and buy 2 starters unless Mina is still considered a first choice player after the 27mil fee.

A lot of talk about striking options and centre midfield but the right back and centre back options just aren't there...

I think he would have gotten one as there would be special dispensation taken into account including a possible wage increase if he returned from loan which goes towards the permit.

I think the weirdest situation ive seen was with Peneranda (sp) who Watford signed and loaned to their sister club and only got a permit last Nov I think...

In all seriousness I think the French and German leagues are two interesting specimens following the Leipzig model...

Depends if he truly believed he would only be at porto for 1 season then onto madrid...

I only heard of him after Nymzee mentioned him in a post at the start of the season I think...he looked to me like a player who had a huge amount of attributes.

I liked Mina before we signed him but may have been swayed due to reading about him when barca were first linked a couple of years back...he seems to have a lot of positive attributes that suit our league. However, he's not been fit or had a run of games and I think although hes on a long term deal we really should be expecting a lot more from him.

As @bicycleheader posted, I wouldn't even be bothered if we punted all our centre backs and brought new ones in. Perhaps 1 youth prospect as 4th choice (Feeney) a young but first team experienced 3rd choice (Holgate) and go out and buy 2 starters unless Mina is still considered a first choice player after the 27mil fee.

A lot of talk about striking options and centre midfield but the right back and centre back options just aren't there...

Anyone half decent who goes to Porto knows they’re only there for one year haha.

Yup the same one who was a complete flop at Newcastle and is smashing it at Marseille

Think he has 50 goals in 100 games for them or something

Reached the europa league final with them last season then went on to win the World Cup that summer
not good enough for Everton though.... NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.