• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s gradually rising up mine.
But definitely more key areas to look at first.

Also the boy Virginia has come very highly rated, im hopeful, maybe stupidly, that he can kick on a bit next season and start putting a bit more pressure on Pickford.

I think the boy Pope is a very good player tho and I would take him tomorrow, but from the lads POV it would be a really hard sell, he would be moving from a club where first team football is being blocked by a National team player, to a team where first team football is being blocked by a National team player.

He could back himself I suppose, but meh, cant see it myself.

I mean if he moved to Arse, he would have longer cup runs and of course some form of European footy to sell himself on.

10 m we are probably spending that on wages for about three of our rejects. I agree it's not priority but at ten million he would be the perfect number 2. Hopefully the kid Virginia is up to it.

I would say the spine of the team is most urgent. CF, CM, CB mind.

Also the boy Virginia has come very highly rated, im hopeful, maybe stupidly, that he can kick on a bit next season and start putting a bit more pressure on Pickford.

I think the boy Pope is a very good player tho and I would take him tomorrow, but from the lads POV it would be a really hard sell, he would be moving from a club where first team football is being blocked by a National team player, to a team where first team football is being blocked by a National team player.

He could back himself I suppose, but meh, cant see it myself.

I mean if he moved to Arse, he would have longer cup runs and of course some form of European footy to sell himself on.

I hope Virginia is good. But our record of random young keepers is quite shocking.

I could see why Pope would move as a back up at a decent club though. In the hope he can push out whoever the main one is.

Doubt we’d go for him though.

Solid keeper but pointless us going in for him unless we're selling Pickford or if we qualify for European football and can guarantee him gametime.

As others have said too, Virginia has impressed at U23 level, kept a lot of clean sheets and not conceded many goals at all. We've convinced him it was worth him leaving Arsenal for us so I suspect we're serious about molding him into genuine backup/competition for Pickford.

Solid keeper but pointless us going in for him unless we're selling Pickford or if we qualify for European football and can guarantee him gametime.

As others have said too, Virginia has impressed at U23 level, kept a lot of clean sheets and not conceded many goals at all. We've convinced him it was worth him leaving Arsenal for us so I suspect we're serious about molding him into genuine backup/competition for Pickford.

1q62lm.jpg

In theory a goalie could have the most clean sheets in the league but still have conceded the most goals?? I dunno what I'm chattin I'm knackered - I think it's only twice that a side has put more than one goal past him is what I was trying to get at

In theory a goalie could have the most clean sheets in the league but still have conceded the most goals?? I dunno what I'm chattin I'm knackered - I think it's only twice that a side has put more than one goal past him is what I was trying to get at

I’m only messing mate. I hope he is good. He has lovely hair.

Why not as I said and he could slot in when Pickford moves on. I suspect it's not us after him though we will go for some no mark.

Pickford? Moving on? Mate the way he’s going he’s not going anywhere and we will be loaning him out to try and and offset his massive wages. He’s going to be the gk version of sandro and bolasie etc

Status
Not open for further replies.