• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely different time.

I wouldn’t have Moyes back, but finishing on 39 points with what he inherited from Walter Smith and the lack of budget he was working with was not completely unexpected.

Finishing on 39 points with this Everton team is ridiculous.
39 would be so pathetic, in fact in 2010–11 both Blackpool and Birmingham City got relegated on 39.

With this squad, both Martinez and Moyes would easily have us 7th, and I wouldnt be suprised if Sam and Koeman also.

I can see us getting 43, which is still terrible

I never said it would be 39 this season.

You said: "We had 39 points for the season. Not sure how some on here would react if that was the same this season with Moyes in charge."

My point is, 39 points with that squad was very different and Moyes would not rack up 39 points with this current team, it's pretty much unthinkable.
You or I wouldnt know how Moyes would do with this squad.
Theres nowt guaranteed .
It could be like Sunderland or Sociedad.

My point was that was his 2nd season....and Silva is 7 months into his reign.

Btw these where in his squad that finished 17th.

Martyn
Unsworth
Stubbs
Weir
Yobo
Gravesen
Carsley
Rooney
Campbell
Ferguson

Moyes....na no thanks.
As I said very very lucky man.

Sam/Koemans and Martinez's CV's are way in excess of Silva.

He had nil credentials to get a job with the 7th highest wage bill in the prem and a massive transfer budget.

What he has done since getting the job is proven without a shadow of doubt. Every jury in every land in history would say the same.
The black wig would be out for the joker.

Theres nowt guaranteed .

Martyn
Unsworth
Stubbs
Weir
Yobo
Gravesen
Carsley
Rooney
Campbell
Ferguson

Moyes....na no thanks.
Exactly. People have very selctive and defective memories. He slightly overachieved in the league in early years. In his later years we had the 6/7th highest wage bill in the prem and that were we finished. His record in cup competitions and Europe was utter SHYTE.

Sam had a ceiling, he reached it 20 years ago with Bolton.

Silva has yet to reach his ceiling or maybe it was winning the Greece league, the fact is that 1 is unknown, the other is known.

Will Silva ever get a team above 11th?

Who knows, but wouldnt you rather find out? Cos to be frank, the next manager we get wont be "better" than Silva/Martinez/Koeman/BigSam.

No we shouldnt have retained Martinez, he had 3 seasons and crapped the bed in 2 of them, he cant say he wasnt given every chance, should we have kept Koeman? Possibly.

Agree with this more or less apart from I think Koeman also had a ceiling. I wasn't expecting him to half destroy the club like, but was certain he didn't have anything more than say 7th in him.

You could throw the manager options into 3 buckets I think

- top manager
- safe and solid option
- various levels of progressive prospects

We are not in a position to get the first option right now. We are not going to achieve what we want with the second option. So it's going to be the third, and whether that's another season of Silva or another couple of those types of managers before we get there, we are going to have to show patience at some point. So why not now.

Agree with this more or less apart from I think Koeman also had a ceiling. I wasn't expecting him to half destroy the club like, but was certain he didn't have anything more than say 7th in him.

- top manager
- safe and solid option

We are not in a position to get the first option right now. We are not going to achieve what we want with the second option. So it's going to be the third, and whether that's another season of Silva or another couple of those types of managers before we get there, we are going to have to show patience at some point. So why not now.

People sadly seem to think we will get option 1 tho, despite us never doing it in our 140 year history.

Anyway, 8 games to go, dazzle me Marco.

If he's staying Brands needs to detail what we must see improved at the start of next season. I'm not hopeful off what I've seen. We have a spineless team and a naive manager.

Theres nowt guaranteed .

Martyn
Unsworth
Stubbs
Weir
Yobo
Gravesen
Carsley
Rooney
Campbell
Ferguson

Moyes....na no thanks.

He got 4th, 5th twice, 6th twice, 7th about 3 times with limited budget this isn’t luck.

- top manager
- safe and solid option

He got 6th at Soton.

There is the fourth bucket - a crap one.

Status
Not open for further replies.