• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't know or have any ideas on how to get a top manager or if we can

You want to shout Sack each day and Get a Top Manager, but there's no thinking behind it. You just expect it to be done. It's up to the board. Show ambition! All so easy to demand.

It's not imagination to suggest those managers would cost a lot and would want major signings when taking over. You don't seem to care about the state of our wage bill and how that affects us.

I don't accept mediocrity is fine. Don't make up arguments.

Given where we are at, if we sack Silva in the summer or next season, we will most likely get another promising manager from the continent to fit into the DOFs plans. IMO. They may have a better track record than Silva, but they will be another gamble. They might even have a poor first season. They will need time and patience.

I worry that the kind of manager we need to get us moving in the right direction, might not actually be able to succeed at the club right now because of this need for instant success and looking only at results and nothing else.

Wages and resources could entice a manager to join. It depends on whether the board would continue to splash out the cash.

No, I am not saying “come on the board show some ambition”! Ffs I have been saying this for a couple of times you couldn’t read it. It’s up to the board. If the ultimate ambition of this club is to complete with the top 6 then go and employ a top manager, If not, and the people up top believe midtable (like 11th) is alright in mid-long term then perhaps keeping the current manager in charge is fine. So what’s the ambition of the board at the moment? I guess to be the best of the rest ie 7th which we fail miserably.

All I want to say is patience do not always work out except Moyes after 2000. I couldn’t see what Silva can offer, at this stage anyway. To go from 0-2 to 3-2 is the last straw pretty much like the time when Martinez was in charge.

We are just wasting each other’s time here.

He has to start changing a few things namely the central defenders. They are atrocious. Holgate should never have been loaned out and Mina should have been given game time over that clown Zouma. I’d also drop Pickford for a few games. He needs a shot across the bow and Stek for all his faults isn’t going to be throwing it in his net like Pickford is currently. His reversion back to the Icelandic fraud predictably lasted all of one good game against Cardiff. He should have backed his guns and stuck with the three he had with Davies Gomes and Gueye. He also should have backed his views on Richarlison as a striker rather than pandering to the Twitter mob and putting him out wide where he has utterly stank.

I don't know if you were dodging the answers but it took a long time to get the simple answer that You Don't Know

You believe it’s not ok to sack Silva because 1. He may come good. 2. Everton will not get a top proven manager given the current state. 3. New manager will buy new players and more deadwood are accumulated (this applies to every club when employing a new manager).

I think you are dodging the answers. You are not dared to answer why you’d think Silva will come good. What’s the aspiration of this football club in your view? Because you can’t answer.

West Ham will be the game that the majority will turn. Chelsea will be an expected loss so even a point will be clapped by the fans.

Defeat away to West Ham the weekend following in which we will likely be 12th/13th in the table is when the majority will start being more vocal in wanting him out.

The Red Echo will no doubt do everything to try deflect blame onto the players / tea lady / wind however to save their I mean Moshiri's Golden Boy.

Wages and resources could entice a manager to join. It depends on whether the board would continue to splash out the cash.

No, I am not saying “come on the board show some ambition”! Ffs I have been saying this for a couple of times you couldn’t read it. It’s up to the board. If the ultimate ambition of this club is to complete with the top 6 then go and employ a top manager, If not, and the people up top believe midtable (like 11th) is alright in mid-long term then perhaps keeping the current manager in charge is fine. So what’s the ambition of the board at the moment? I guess to be the best of the rest ie 7th which we fail miserably.

All I want to say is patience do not always work out except Moyes after 2000. I couldn’t see what Silva can offer, at this stage anyway. To go from 0-2 to 3-2 is the last straw pretty much like the time when Martinez was in charge.

We are just wasting each other’s time here.

We are still paying off the other managers and have the wage bill in a mess. It's still very simple for you to just say sack Silva and get a top manager and splash the cash.

What if they have ambition to be 7th and to push the top 6 from there but they do not want to blow money like they did when they stupidly paid big money for Koeman and let him splurge on crap players?

They already seem to be saying they need to get players out first and then buy younger players on lower wages but reasonably high fees.....that doesn't sound like we are ready for hiring Jose and buying top players for 10s of millions.

So if we aren't getting a top manager, do you want to sack Silva and then keep sacking each manager that doesn't have a good first season?

I understand your reasons for not giving Silva more than this season, but I don't think you have a reasonable realistic idea of where we go from here....or seem to care about the details.

I honestly think it's going to be one of two options. Stick with Silva into next season and see if he can do better with his signings more settled in and hopefully more of the squad refreshed and a striker.....OR another managerial prospect but from another European league. Both carry no guarantees of success and need patience.

You believe it’s not ok to sack Silva because 1. He may come good. 2. Everton will not get a top proven manager given the current state. 3. New manager will buy new players and more deadwood are accumulated (this applies to every club when employing a new manager).

I think you are dodging the answers. You are not dared to answer why you’d think Silva will come good. What’s the aspiration of this football club in your view? Because you can’t answer.

No. The type of new manager we could get will not buy new players and accumulate deadwood, because we now have a DOF model.

The top manager you are looking for would however demand signings outside of the current plan and could create deadwood in the squad. Another reason we won't be getting one of your suggestions.

I don't know if Silva will come good, but they have a hired a prospect with some promise and I said at the start of the season he would need more than a season and that his task was not an easy one. So for now I would still say give him next season. Nothing too complicated about it.

That's not really how things work though, we could go and sign a top manager like you want and they could sign a load of duffers and do nothing next season. You have no idea what the other teams are going to do or who they will sign. Why spend that money on payouts for another manager, it would be utter madness. Silva might not be everyones choice but we have to stick with it for the moment for a number of reasons. Let's be honest we have never seen him setup a proper team because we don't have striker to put in the team nor do we have the players to play his prefered 4-3-3 tactic.
I think sticking with him for now whilst not ideal is the only way. I think the longer term aim is this: need to build a spine from back to front, then make that spine into a first eleven, then that first eleven into a squad. That is going to take a few windows and seasons, when we have done that only then will we be ready to start thinking about top 6 and cup runs and all that. I think the idea is if we can sort that stuff over a few years then by the time the stadium is on course and we move in we will have a squad ready to compete in a new stadium.
Shorter term, i think we are looking to reduce a very large squad that has been enabled to grow to an excessive size and with many on healthy wage packets despite being very average players, these guys are stopping us from bringing in the younger more talented players we do want because of FFP.

@bicycleheader
“We are still paying off the other managers and have the wage bill in a mess. It's still very simple for you to just say sack Silva and get a top manager and splash the cash.” - Then shall we not sack any manager from now on? Say we finish around 11th-15th this season and the same is being served next season would you sack him?

“What if they have ambition to be 7th and to push the top 6 from there but they do not want to blow money like they did when they stupidly paid big money for Koeman and let him splurge on crap players?” - Could be and the reason why a new Dof is employed. I am not against the idea actually. It’s whether a manager can have the ability to do the basic thing like winning crap sides at home and defend properly.

“They already seem to be saying they need to get players out first and then buy younger players on lower wages but reasonably high fees.....that doesn't sound like we are ready for hiring Jose and buying top players for 10s of millions.” - A good manager should get the best out of the squad while adding his own players.

“So if we aren't getting a top manager, do you want to sack Silva and then keep sacking each manager that doesn't have a good first season?” - IF we’re not getting a top manager then prepare to embrace mediocrity. It will be a miracle if he can get 7th next season.

“I understand your reasons for not giving Silva more than this season, but I don't think you have a reasonable realistic idea of where we go from here....or seem to care about the details.” - Just like I understand why it will do the club no good by keep sacking and paying to former managers. The question is will things turn out fine next season? I doubt it for the time being.

“I honestly think it's going to be one of two options. Stick with Silva into next season and see if he can do better with his signings more settled in and hopefully more of the squad refreshed and a striker.....OR another managerial prospect but from another European league. Both carry no guarantees of success and need patience.” - I do not disagree with this. There is no guarantee of success whether it’s on Silva or a new manager.

No. The type of new manager we could get will not buy new players and accumulate deadwood, because we now have a DOF model.

The top manager you are looking for would however demand signings outside of the current plan and could create deadwood in the squad. Another reason we won't be getting one of your suggestions.

I don't know if Silva will come good, but they have a hired a prospect with some promise and I said at the start of the season he would need more than a season and that his task was not an easy one. So for now I would still say give him next season. Nothing too complicated about it.

I will be much grateful if Silva proves the doubters wrong because this means Everton are doing well. The chance of this, however, is rather slim as the current evidences have shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.