• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has got to be removed either now (preferably) or at the end of the season (more likely). There is no point at all in giving him more time and no sensible reason to keep him any longer than this season. He is not doing anything different now than he has ever done in the premier league, he is doing all that he is capable of.

His premier league stats.

Matches - 72
Wins - 23
Draws - 15
Losses - 34
Goals For - 94
Goals Against - 122

Very poor performance by any standards( but normal for Silva) and most definitely not what could ever move Everton forwards towards breaking into the top 6.

Why would anyone expect him to suddenly do better than he has ever been capable of? Is it because we are Everton and so he should automatically do better just because of who we are? Do we believe in magic or miracles because that is what it will take with this guy in charge. None of what is going on should be a surprise and as a club, we cannot move forward into the future with our game plan and mission statement comprising prominently of blind faith and hope.

Great opinion...now let me counter it with some facts.

LAST YEAR - 46 goals conceded in open play (20th in PL),
THIS YEAR - 22 (9th)

LAST YEAR - 14.2 Shots per game conceded (15th in PL)
THIS YEAR - 11.1 (4th)

So yeah, I think he can organize a defense, especially considering what he had to work with.
lets extend his contract...right now then

jesus wept

He can’t do anything about the spineless cowardice of these man-children we’ve employed to play football for us. Having said that, it is definitely a bit concerning that his idea of making us more defensively solid is to just put more centre backs on, and his idea of making us a greater attacking threat is to just put more strikers on.

Unless the board have got someone available now then he won’t be sacked. They would also look very stupid for employing another failure,so I think he will be given until the end of the year to improve.
If,or when,he is sacked who do we get? Another flavour of the month,no thanks.Another old hand on their 6 th or 7th club,no thanks. We need someone who is used to winning trophies either as a player or a manager. I don’t care what their name or club links are just appoint a winner.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Appointing a “ winning” manager alone is not enough if he does not have the players to succeed.

Put Guardiola in charge of a mediocre side and they won’t miraculously become a Great side.

It's all very well saying give him more time. But what is he building here? It just looks utterly incompetent with poor tactics, what is he building because it looks poor whatever it is? We are being left behind by Wolves, West Ham and even Leicester will be better next year. For me his tactics are too open that's why he needs an anchor to shield the defence because they can't play that way, they aren't good enough to play with the ball, they aren't good enough to play one and one against forwards . Then we have a keeper that loses his head. Brands cannot be happy with what Silva is doing as it reflects on him too, he is badly underperforming with the players we have and his tactical changes are naive. He's like a poor mans Martinez and that's saying something.

I can’t fault Jordan for the players being so mentally weak, but he is ultimately responsible for the way we have played since then. No way we perform this poorly if we take that result at Anfield. It’s no coincidence that everything went downhill from there.
The manager and the mentality of the players is totally to blame then. No way one individual error should have such a massive effect on a team with even a modicum of moral fiber

THIS YEAR - 22 (9th)

THIS YEAR - 11.1 (4th)

So yeah, I think he can organize a defense, especially considering what he had to work with.

THIS YEAR - 22 (9th)

THIS YEAR - 11.1 (4th)

What do you mean what he had to work with?

THIS YEAR - 22 (9th)

THIS YEAR - 11.1 (4th)

How many set pieces?

We've gone full circle
mike-walker.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.