• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why Coleman's name was on that team sheet. Silva knew that the lad was ill, that he hadn't slept the night before. There's not much to choose anyway between Coleman and Kenny, so why take the risk, why not tell Kenny in the morning that he's in the team, instead of bouncing him with it a few minutes before kick-off ?

Not much difference????

JJK is a League One player at best.

think there is a lot to be said for hiring a manager for a particular job type. Look at Ole at United, he has been in charge of Molde who are an identical fit to united in that they should be title challengers and has come in and done well, also did nothing at cardiff, showing he is a good man for a side that should be dominant. Allardyce is the opposite, a good firefighter but nothing more. Silva has been and done well at clubs that should do well in one or two horse races no naturally a decent fit for a top 4 side, but as yet has not done anything at the other 'lesser,' sides he's been at (including us in that). Our next appointment needs to be a man who has a good track record at developing good teams into top teams, who that might be...?

We just conceded 3 goals in a single half of football against a poor Newcastle side, the overwhelming reason for which was poor organisation of a 3 man defence.

We’ve conceded stupid goals ALL season and we’re absolutely horrendous at defending set pieces (the worst in the league), a trait which has followed Silva at every club he’s managed.

I cannot believe there individuals saying Silva can organise a defence, as there is no evidence that he can.
Great opinion...now let me counter it with some facts.

LAST YEAR - 46 goals conceded in open play (20th in PL),
THIS YEAR - 22 (9th)

LAST YEAR - 14.2 Shots per game conceded (15th in PL)
THIS YEAR - 11.1 (4th)

So yeah, I think he can organize a defense, especially considering what he had to work with.

think there is a lot to be said for hiring a manager for a particular job type. Look at Ole at United, he has been in charge of Molde who are an identical fit to united in that they should be title challengers and has come in and done well, also did nothing at cardiff, showing he is a good man for a side that should be dominant. Allardyce is the opposite, a good firefighter but nothing more. Silva has been and done well at clubs that should do well in one or two horse races no naturally a decent fit for a top 4 side, but as yet has not done anything at the other 'lesser,' sides he's been at (including us in that). Our next appointment needs to be a man who has a good track record at developing good teams into top teams, who that might be...?
Uh, seriously? Estoril?

We just conceded 3 goals in a single half of football against a poor Newcastle side, the overwhelming reason for which was poor organisation of a 3 man defence.

We’ve conceded stupid goals ALL season and we’re absolutely horrendous at defending set pieces (the worst in the league), a trait which has followed Silva at every club he’s managed.

I cannot believe there individuals saying Silva can organise a defence, as there is no evidence that he can.

Because they think it they convince themselves its true. As a poster put earlier the BFS v MS is irrelevant, none are good enough for Everton or the boards ambitions, which if they have any they need to aim higher.

THIS YEAR - 22 (9th)

THIS YEAR - 11.1 (4th)

So yeah, I think he can organize a defense, especially considering what he had to work with.

Nice stats considering we are lower in the league and 20th in the PL from defending set pieces.....

THIS YEAR - 22 (9th)

THIS YEAR - 11.1 (4th)

So goals conceded through setpieces do not count?

Do conceding less shot on targets give you points?

Absolutely delusional to think Silva can organise a defence.

So goals conceded through setpieces do not count?

Do conceding less shot on targets give you points?

Absolute delusional to think Silva can organise a defence.

I think their 3rd goal yesterday sums it up perfectly, althogh offside look at Mina and Digne crash in to each other leaving Perez a tap in......... CHAOS!

I think their 3rd goal yesterday sums it up perfectly, althogh offside look at Mina and Digne crash in to each other leaving Perez a tap in......... CHAOS!

Horrible defending.

A proper solid defence means our players would head the ball away first and foremost. Not beting on an offside trap that might not work.

Cahill and Fellani used to do that and they are midfielders.

What I can't get my head around is not bringing Morgan on? He stumbled on something that worked in the last two games and didn't use it at all yesterday. Lunkheaded. The guy is tactically clueless I'm afraid. We are going nowhere with him. He will win easy games but if we go behind we are done if we play a better team we are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.