• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would take some doing to find a replacement thats as crap as Silva. Even Allerdyce wasn't as crap as Silva is.

If Watford can upgrade on Silva, then so can we. Continuing with the crappest manager in the league would be the board's worst decision yet!

You keep believing that mate.... the boards history tells me otherwise

You will...and the you'll be losing after the next Everton win when all the fickle fans switch sides again.

I dont know why you bother with this crusade. It wont work. Silva will be here this time next season.

Those who decide he is not good enough have made their mind up. Dave which position do you see as acceptable in the league next season with the same squad plus a striker? You did say you are happy with 10th next season not so long ago is that correct?

We clearly have a problem bottling it. When things are going well, we look like a decent football team. The problem is how we respond to adversity, which generally this season has been to fold.

The questions is, "do you think Silva is the man to inspire our players with confidence, to stop them folding at the moment things turn against us?"

I think the answer to that is no. Everton have suffered from mental fragility for year and sadly, I don't think Silva is the man to turn it around.

Moyes (who I am in no way saying should come back) would be absolutely raging after a collapse like yesterday. That would in turn fire up the players and you would see a response the following week. That is not going to happen with Silva with his monotone personality.

Again moyes would get the players to react for
One game... that’s it

You keep believing that mate.... the boards history tells me otherwise

So what you are saying is that our board are so incompetent that they are incapable of following Watford's lead, and upgrading on the crappest manager in the league.

Yes, they have made mistakes, but they are capable of finding better than Marco Silva and his sustained relegation form.

He’s not getting sacked, give him till nxt season aye

Judging by his current setup and his past records this season and next season could be similar to Martinez’s 2nd and 3rd season, in terms of results. Of course I don’t have a crystal ball but I can’t recall manager who is starting out crap then after a season he turns out to be good thereafter.

Well allardayce is a glass ceiling manager, I personally think if Silva sorts some things we can do well. (IF)

Fair enough mate however his stats at 3 different clubs in England suggest he's not good enough to lead us any higher than 10th.

The big concern for me is do we really want the same situation as last season where we are sat potentially in a relegation scrap and having to sack Silva and get Unsworth in? No decent manager will come in half a season in and it'll be the same mess as last season.

Thats too big a risk for me. I understand the board have to consider giving someone time however they also have to know when to hold and when to fold and the evidence so far suggests things aint getting better next season unless we sign a world class striker, CM, CB and GK which isnt happening when we finish the season in the bottom half.

I pray he's gone by the end of the season and Brands is tasked with finding the next manager as I honestly do think we will be in trouble next season in terms of relegation - Southampton and Newcastle will be above us next season with their managers a class above Silva and Burnley have the steel to also potentially be above us. That means if the promoted 3 have a good season we could be in trouble.

Judging by his current setup and his past records this season and next season could be similar to Martinez’s 2nd and 3rd season, in terms of results. Of course I don’t have a crystal ball but I can’t recall manager who is starting out crap then after a season he turns out to be good thereafter.
What about the slab-toothed rocker across the Park?
And Pep in his first season at City.
And Howard Kendall.
And Sir Alex.

Well allardayce is a glass ceiling manager, I personally think if Silva sorts some things we can do well. (IF)

Too many defensive howlers under Silva. It's hard to have any faith in him. He's shown nothing to suggest understands what it takes to defend well in this league.

I sadly think it would be negligent not to replace him at the end of the season.

Mr. Kendall extends his felicitations.

We used to be the 'best of the rest' not so long ago. The annual challengers for 7th place.
Now we are just slightly better than the worst. Good for mid table, will most likely finish around 12th, possibly down to 14th if others catch us up.

Do I blame Marco? Not really. This season was always a write-off for me.

He hasn't built a team yet. Just added better footballers into a poor team and they are still a poor team.
No quick way out of this slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.